4th of July Vegan Vegan Chocolate Donuts
Try my new Vegan Chocolate Donuts with Vegan Buttercream Frosting! These are 4th of July Vegan Chocolate Donuts but they're also perfect for any occasion! They are cakey, moist, and super chocolatey. These fluffy and moist vegan chocolate donuts are made with a few simple ingredients and can be made gluten free. Option to enjoy without frosting for 135 calories per donut, swap the sugar for stevia and you'll have 100 calorie donut! Top them with Vegan Chocolate Buttercream Frosting for a truly mouthwatering vegan and gluten free chocolate donut! Use your favorite vegan sprinkles and enjoy! Everyone will love these and no one will believe that they are low calorie, vegan and gluten free!
Vegan Chocolate Donuts
- 1 ⅓ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 cup cane sugar or purecane 1:1 sugar substitute
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon 4th of July Sprinkles
Vegan Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 1 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl, hand mix the almond milk, melted vegan butter, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and vanilla. Then, whisk in cocoa powder until the mixture is smooth. Mix in the flour until smooth, be careful not to over-mix or the vegan donuts will become dense.
- Spoon the vegan chocolate donut batter into 14-16 silicon donut molds sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, prepare your vegan chocolate buttercream frosting using an electric hand mixer. Mix the powdered sugar, almond milk, cocoa powder, vegan butter, and vanilla.
- Remove the donuts from the molds and allow them to cool before frosting and topping with your 4th of July sprinkles!
Serving: 1gCalories: 185kcalCarbohydrates: 36gProtein: 2gFat: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!