Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
These cinnamon sugar french toast sticks are crisp, golden, buttery, and so delicious. This is a family-friendly recipe that can be made dairy-free, gluten-free, and even sugar-free.
For French Toast Sticks
- 1 cup non dairy milk
- ½ cup non dairy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 loaf of vegan or gluten free bread
For Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- ½ cup purecane or regular cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
How To Make Air Fryer French Toast Sticks
- Prepare the custard in a large mixing bowl, by mixing the non dairy milk, non dairy yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon together.
- Slice each slice of bread into thirds. In 2-3 batches (depending on the size of your air fryer), dip the bread sticks into the french toast custard and place it directly into an air fryer. I like to spray the bottom of my air fryer lightly with olive oil spray to keep the sticks from sticking to the bottom.
- Cook in the air fryer on 400 for 7 minutes. Use tongs to flip the french toast dippers over and continue to cook for another 3 or 4 minutes (until they are golden browned and crisp).
- You can also bake the french toast sticks in an oven. Preheat the oven to 400 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. If using aluminum foil, spray it with non stick spray to make sure the french toast dippers don't stick. Place the french toast sticks onto the sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, flip and return to the oven for another 2-3 minutes or until they are crisp and golden.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- While the french toast sticks are cooking, melt the vegan butter in a small bowl.
- In a separate, wide and shallow bowl, add the purecane or sugar and cinnamon. Mix until well combined.
- When the french toast sticks are done baking, use a pastry brush to brush them lightly with the melted vegan butter. Then, immediately toss them in the cinnamon sugar. Serve with maple syrup, vegan whipped cream, berries, or any of your favorite french toast toppings.
Calories: 88kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 2gFat: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!