I have been making this Cashew Crunch Salad on repeat and I bet you will too! It's vibrant, fresh, and everything you need to enjoy a delicious and healthy plant-based lunch this spring and summer! You only need a handful of ingredients and about 5 minutes to make this nourishing cashew orange salad recipe. Top with store-bought or homemade sesame dressing and enjoy!
Cashew Crunch Salad Ingredients
This vibrant Cashew Orange Salad is loaded with nourishing veggies and fruits! It's a super healthy lunch recipe that even meat eaters will love! If you have ever had a Chinese Cashew Chicken Salad, this recipe is inspired by that but is a plant-based a gut healthy version! Here's everything you need:
- Greens: We used chopped romaine in our cashew crunch salad but you can use any other greens such as spring mix or butter lettuce.
- Veggies: Top with your favorite fresh veggies! We went with corn, carrots, spring onions, and cucumbers. Chopped bell peppers would also probably be delicious in this salad recipe!
- Avocado: Chopped avocado makes this salad more filling and provides satiating healthy fats.
- Oranges: Mandarin oranges are optional in this recipe, but provide a bright and fresh flavor that will remind you of a Chinese Chicken Salad (without the chicken of course!)
- Cashews: Roasted and salted cashews give us the perfect crunchy texture and provide healthy fats and plant-based protein.
- Salad Dressing: Whether you use homemade sesame dressing or store-bought, it is the perfect light topping to this nourishing salad bowl.
How To Make A Cashew Crunch Salad
Step 1: Add the lettuce to a large bowl and then add the toppings.
Step 2: If serving this salad immediately, pour the dressing on top and then toss the salad before serving.
Step 3: To store the salad for later, cover it in a storage container and keep in the fridge. Store the dressing separately and then dress the salad before serving.
Other Great Salad Recipes
- Taco Salad
- Lemon Tahini Salad
- Apple Kale Crunch Salad
- Sweet Potato & Crispy Chickpea Salad
- Vegan Caesar Salad
How To Add More Protein To This Salad
This Cashew Crunch Salad has a healthy amount of protein - coming in at 10 grams per serving! Adding more cashews, nuts, or even sesame seeds will kick up the protein in this recipe. You can also add any of your favorite meatless proteins like crispy tofu or crispy chickpeas. If you are not vegan or plant-based, feel free to add a hard boiled egg or shredded chicken on top. Enjoy!
Cashew Crunch Salad
Ingredients For Cashew Crunch Salad
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce or any other greens or salad mix
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped cucumbers
- ½ cup roasted and salted whole cashews
- 1 cup mandarin oranges
- ½ cup frozen and thawed corn optional
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- ½ cup chopped avocado
- 3 tablespoon sesame dressing homemade or store-bought
Homemade Sesame Dressing
- 2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar or rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave honey is ok if not vegan
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper plus more to taste
Instructions For Cashew Crunch Salad
- If making your own sesame salad dressing, whisk the avocado oil, vinegar, sesame oil, maple syrup or agave, garlic powder, salt, and pepper together in a small bowl or jar and set aside. If using store-bought sesame salad dressing, proceed to the next step.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chopped romaine, shredded carrots, chopped cucumbers, sliced scallions, roasted and salted cashews, avocado, green onions/scallions, and mandarin oranges.
- Drizzle the sesame dressing over the top of the salad and toss together. Serve on two plates immediately and enjoy! See notes above for adding protein or storing this salad for a meal-prep lunch!