Easy Apple Pie Vegan Biscuits
These vegan biscuits are perfect for fall-time and made in minutes. Everyone in your home will love them and no one will guess they're plant-based, gluten-free (optional), and can be made with reduced sugar thanks to our sponsor, purecane! Serve them with homemade vegan vanilla frosting or spread them with a little vegan butter and drizzle them with maple syrup.
Easy Apple Pie Vegan Biscuits Ingredients
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 2 tablespoon purecane brown sugar or 3 tablespoon regular brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gf flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 cup peeled and diced honeycrisp apple
Vegan Vanilla Icing
- ½ cup purecane powdered sugar or 1 cup regular powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened oat or almond milk may need 1 more tablespoon for thinner consistency
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Easy Apple Pie Vegan Biscuits Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the melted vegan butter, almond or oat milk, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Mix in the regular or gluten free all purpose flour until a thick dough forms. When using gluten-free flour, if the dough seems crumbly, add another 1 tablespoon of melted vegan butter and 1 tablespoon of almond milk and work it into the dough. Fold in the apple pieces.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of biscuit dough per biscuit onto the parchment lined baking sheet. You should have about 12 biscuits. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until they are golden. Option to broil for 1-2 minutes at the end to give them more color.
- While the apple pie vegan biscuits bake, in a small bowl. whisk the powdered sugar, almond or oat milk, and vanilla together to make the icing. If the icing is too thick to drizzle, add another 1 tablespoon of almond or oat milk. Set aside.
- Remove the vegan biscuits from the oven and allow them to cool for 1-2 minutes before drizzling them with the vegan vanilla frosting. You may also skip the frosting and enjoy them on their own or spread with a little vegan butter and/or drizzled with maple syrup!
Serving: 1Calories: 196kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 2gFat: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!