If you're never have a banana biscuit, get ready for a mouth-watering experience! Enjoy a delightful twist on traditional biscuits with these vegan friendly Banana Biscuits. Infused with the natural sweetness of overripe bananas and accentuated with a hint of maple syrup, each biscuit promises a delicate balance of flavors. Golden-crisp exteriors give way to tender and fluffy interiors, all crowned with a luscious maple butter glaze. Perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a teatime treat, these biscuits showcase the wonders of vegan friendly baking in every bite.
Banana Biscuit Recipe Ingredients
- Plant-Based Milk: Unsweetened oat or almond milk for creamy moisture. Regular milk will work if you're not vegan or dairy-free.
- Ripe Banana: An overripe mashed banana for natural sweetness and texture.
- Vegan Butter: Melted to perfection for a buttery richness. Regular butter will work if you're not vegan or dairy-free.
- Natural Sweetener: Pure maple syrup for a touch of woodsy sweetness.
- Baking Essentials: Baking powder for rise and all-purpose flour for structure. (For gluten-free enthusiasts, King Arthur Measure for Measure flour is the champion.)
- Maple Butter Glaze: A dreamy duo of melted regular or vegan butter and maple syrup.
How To Make Banana Biscuits
- Oven Ready: Warm up your culinary space by preheating the oven to a snug 400°F.
- Dough Formation: Dive into mixing by blending oat or almond milk, mashed banana, melted butter, maple syrup, and baking powder in a bowl. Gradually welcome the flour, ensuring you mix until a unified dough graces you.
- Scoop & Bake: Employ a tablespoon to portion out dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Grant them a 12-15 minute oven stay, eyeing for a golden hue. Crave a richer color? Consider a brief broil at the end.
- Glorious Glaze: As the biscuits bake, whisk together maple syrup and vegan butter, conjuring the tantalizing maple butter glaze. Once the biscuits declare readiness, let them bask in this glaze, and then indulge!
Frequently Asked Questions
Storing leftover Vegan Banana Drop Biscuits properly ensures they maintain their freshness and flavor. Here's how to store them:
Cool Completely: Before storing, it's essential to let the biscuits cool completely to room temperature. This prevents condensation from forming inside the storage container, which could make the biscuits soggy.
Airtight Container: Once cooled, place the biscuits in an airtight container. This helps to retain their moisture and prevents them from becoming stale.
Room Temperature: If you plan to eat the biscuits within the next 1-2 days, you can store them at room temperature.
Refrigerate: For longer storage, up to a week, place the airtight container in the refrigerator. This helps maintain their freshness and prevents any potential spoilage.
Freeze for Extended Storage: If you'd like to keep the biscuits for an extended period, you can freeze them. Place the cooled biscuits on a baking sheet and freeze until solid. Then, transfer them to a freezer bag or airtight container, ensuring as much air is removed as possible. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to eat, thaw them at room temperature or reheat in the oven.
Reheating: To enjoy the biscuits warm, you can reheat them in an oven preheated to 350°F (175°C) for about 5-10 minutes or until they're heated through. This also helps restore some of their original texture.
The Vegan Banana Drop Biscuits incorporate an overripe mashed banana in their ingredient list. Therefore, these biscuits will have a hint of banana taste, adding a unique and subtle fruity flavor to the traditional biscuit profile. The combination of the banana, maple syrup, and butter, creates a delicious and mouthwatering biscuit flavor.
Banana Biscuits Ingredients
- ¾ cup unsweetened oat or almond milk
- 1 overripe mashed banana
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
Banana Biscuits Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the oat or almond milk, mashed banana, melted butter, maple syrup, and baking powder. Then, add the flour and mix just until a dough forms. If using gluten-free flour and the dough seems crumbly, add another 1 tablespoon of melted vegan butter and 1 tablespoon of almond milk and work it into the dough. Don't over-mix or your biscuits will be dense.
- Use a table spoon to scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes until the biscuits are golden. Option to broil the biscuits at the end for about a minute to give them more color on top.
- While the biscuits are baking, melt the maple syrup and vegan butter together to create the maple butter. Drizzle over the warm biscuits and enjoy!