If you've ever been to Red Lobster, then you know about those delicious, buttery, fluffy cheddar bay biscuits that they bring before your meals. Now, you can enjoy them from the comfort of your own in minutes. This Copycat Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuit Recipe is vegan and gluten-free friendly. They are so delicious that they will melt in your mouth! Everyone will love these Cheddar Bay Biscuits and no one will miss the ones at Red Lobster!
Cheddar Bay Biscuit Recipe Ingredients
- Melted Vegan Butter: To make these vegan cheddar bay biscuits, we use melted vegan butter (or regular butter if you're not vegan or dairy-free) in the biscuit dough. And, just like at Red Lobster, we also brush the top with melted butter.
- Plant-based Milk: Use unsweetened oat or almond milk to make the vegan biscuit dough. Regular milk will also work if you're not vegan or dairy-free.
- Baking Powder: Use baking powder to help the copycat Red Lobster biscuits rise.
- All Purpose Flour: Use regular or gluten-free all purpose flour. My favorite gluten-free flour is Cup4Cup or King Arthur Measure for Measure.
- Parsley: Freshly chopped parsley is used to top those delicious golden brown biscuits.
- Cheddar Cheese: We use cheddar cheese in the biscuit dough to make these just like Red Lobster biscuits! Use regular or vegan cheddar cheese shreds.
- Salt and Garlic: Salt and garlic powder are both used to flavor the biscuits.
How To Make Homemade Cheddar Bay Biscuits
This copycat red lobster biscuit recipe is so easy! No kneading the dough or cutting the dough required. Just mix, bake, brush with butter, and enjoy warm!
Step 1: Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Mix the melted vegan butter with the plant-based milk, baking powder, salt, and garlic powder. Then, add the flour and mix until a thick biscuit dough forms. Fold in the cheddar cheese shreds and the chopped parsley. Use a spoon to drop a large heaping tablespoon of the biscuit dough onto the baking sheet. Repeat until all of the dough is used. You should have about 12 biscuits.
Step 3: Bake in the oven, and then broil for the last 1-2 minutes until the biscuits are golden brown. Brush with melted vegan butter before serving warm.
What To Serve With These Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Wondering what to serve with these warm and delicious vegan cheddar bay biscuits? Here are some ideas for you!
- Easy Vegan Tomato Basil Soup
- Vegetable White Bean and Rice Soup
- Easy Vegan Chili
- Black-Eyed Peas and Collard Greens
How To Freeze Cheddar Bay Biscuits
You can freeze the leftover cheddar bay biscuits by allowing them to cool completely before storing them in a plastic bag. Reheat in the microwave when you're ready to serve.
How To Store Leftover Cheddar Bay Biscuits
You can store the leftover cheddar bay biscuits on the counter top in an air sealed container or plastic bag for up to 3 days. I do not recommend refrigerating them as it will dry them out.
More Biscuit Recipes to Try
Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Cheddar Bay Biscuits Ingredients
- ½ cup melted regular or vegan butter plus more for brushing on top before serving
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk, oat milk, or regular milk
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cup regular all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 cup regular or vegan cheddar cheese shreds
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Cheddar Bay Biscuits Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400
- Mix melted butter, almond milk, seasonings, and baking powder. Then, mix in your flour just until combined. If using gluten-free flour and the dough seems crumbly, add another 1 tablespoon of melted vegan butter and 1 tablespoon of almond milk and work it into the dough. This is ok! don't over-mix the dough.
- Fold in cheddar cheese and parsley.
- Use a tablespoon to drop the biscuits onto a greased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes until the bottoms of the biscuits are golden and the tops are fluffy. You can broil them for 1 minute at the end to give them more golden brown color. Serve warm, with melted butter brushed on top immediately after removing from the oven.
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.