Fluffy Vegan Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Let's combine two of everyone's favorite breakfasts! These cinnamon roll pancakes are vegan, gluten free optional, and are made in minutes.
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, coconut sugar, or purecane 1:1 brown sugar substitute
Vegan Cream Cheese Icing
- ½ cup powdered sugar or purecane 1:1 powdered sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- 2 oz vegan cream cheese
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Mix the oat milk, maple syrup, baking powder, and vanilla together. Then, add the flour and mix until a pancake batter forms.
- In a smaller separate bowl, prepare the cinnamon swirl mixture by mixing the cinnamon, melted vegan butter, and purecane or brown sugar together. Spoon the cinnamon swirl mixture into a pastry bag or ziplock bag and set aside until ready to use. Using purecane brown sugar substitute in these pancakes will result in pancakes that are 64 calories each.
- Prepare the vegan cream cheese frosting by mixing the powdered sugar or purecane sugar substitute, vegan butter, and vegan cream cheese together. Set aside. Alternatively, you may drizzle these with maple syrup!
- Bring a skillet with a sliver of vegan butter to medium-low heat. Once the butter sizzles, spoon in about 3 tablespoons of the pancake batter. Carefully cut off the tip of the bag containing the cinnamon swirl mixture. Hold the tip upright so that the contents don't begin to drizzle out. Carefully use the bag to draw a spiral of the cinnamon sugar swirl mixture in the center of each pancake (I have a video of this on my instagram page). Continue to cook the pancakes until bubbles form on the tops, and then flip. Cook for another minute or two until the pancakes are golden browned on each side.
- Before serving the pancakes, drizzle them with maple syrup or vegan cream cheese frosting. If the frosting is too thick to drizzle , you can thin it out by adding 1 tablespoon of almond or oat milk.
Serving: 1gCalories: 90kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 1gFat: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!