Can't decide between a golden and buttery cinnamon roll or a fluffy stack of pancakes? Get the best of both worlds with these delicious and indulgent Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. This is an easy recipe that is vegan and gluten-free friendly.
Cinnamon Roll Pancake Ingredients
- Milk: To keep these cinnamon roll pancakes vegan and dairy free, I recommend using unsweetened almond or oat milk in this recipe. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular milk.
- Maple Syrup: Maple syrup is used to sweeten the pancake batter. You can also use maple syrup as a topping for the pancakes in lieu of cream cheese frosting.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder is a pancake staple and helps them rise, resulting in perfectly fluffy pancakes.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract flavors the pancake batter.
- Flour: Use regular all purpose flour in the pancake batter. To make gluten-free pancakes, use gluten-free all purpose flour. I prefer the brand King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour.
- Cinnamon: Can't have cinnamon roll pancakes without cinnamon!
- Butter: Use vegan butter to keep these pancakes vegan and dairy free.
- Brown Sugar: Use regular light brown or dark brown sugar for the cinnamon roll filling. You can also use a sugar-free brown sugar substitute such as purecane.
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Step 1: To begin, prepare the cinnamon roll pancake batter.
Step 2: Then, make the cinnamon roll filling in a separate bowl.
Step 3: Spoon the pancake batter into a greased skillet at then use a spoon or pastry bag to create a spiral of cinnamon roll filling into each pancake. Option to add a little more batter on top of each pancake so that the filling doesn't burn. Flip when bubbles form on the top.
Step 4: Fry the pancakes until golden on each side. Serve with either maple syrup or vegan cream cheese frosting.
How To Make Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
You Will Need:
- Softened Vegan Butter
- Vegan Cream Cheese
- Powdered Sugar or Purecane Powdered Sugar Substitute
Use an electric hand mixer to mix the softened vegan butter, powdered sugar, and vegan cream cheese together until smooth and creamy. Before serving it over the pancakes, you may want to microwave it for 15-20 seconds to make it easier to drizzle.
Other Vegan or Gluten-Free Pancake Recipes
- Best Vegan Banana Pancakes
- 20-Minute Vegan Strawberry Pancakes
- 8-Ingredient Vegan Lemon Blueberry Pancakes
- 20 Minute Easy Vegan Gingerbread Pancakes
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Vegan Protein Pancakes
- Oatmeal Sweet Potato Pancakes
Fluffy Vegan Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, coconut sugar, or ¼ cup purecane brown sugar substitute
Vegan Cream Cheese Icing
- ½ cup powdered sugar or ¼ cup purecane powdered sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter, melted
- 2 oz vegan cream cheese
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Mix the oat milk, maple syrup, baking powder, and vanilla together. Then, add the flour and mix until a pancake batter forms.
- In a smaller separate bowl, prepare the cinnamon swirl mixture by mixing the cinnamon, melted vegan butter, and purecane or brown sugar together. Spoon the cinnamon swirl mixture into a pastry bag or ziplock bag and set aside until ready to use. Using purecane brown sugar substitute in these pancakes will result in pancakes that are 64 calories each.
- Prepare the vegan cream cheese frosting by mixing the powdered sugar or purecane sugar substitute, vegan butter, and vegan cream cheese together. Set aside. Alternatively, you may drizzle these with maple syrup!
- Bring a skillet with a sliver of vegan butter to medium-low heat. Once the butter sizzles, spoon in about 3 tablespoons of the pancake batter. Carefully cut off the tip of the bag containing the cinnamon swirl mixture. Hold the tip upright so that the contents don't begin to drizzle out. Carefully use the bag to draw a spiral of the cinnamon sugar swirl mixture in the center of each pancake (I have a video of this on my instagram page).
- Option to add a little more batter on top of each pancake so that the filling doesn't burn. Continue to cook the pancakes until bubbles form on the tops, and then flip. Cook for another minute or two until the pancakes are golden browned on each side.
- Before serving the pancakes, drizzle them with maple syrup or vegan cream cheese frosting. If the frosting is too thick to drizzle , you can thin it out by adding 1 tablespoon of almond or oat milk.