These healthier Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies are the best! They're naturally gluten-free, moist, chewy, soft, and filling. Oh and delicious! This is a simple one bowl recipe that everyone in your home will love. No one will guess that they're both vegan, gluten-free, and made with just 7 ingredients.
This is a healthier peanut butter cookie recipe because it's made without any flour, eggs, or dairy. In fact, it's so simple that you also don't need other common peanut butter ingredients such as baking soda and salt. There's no need to let the cookie dough rest, this recipe is as quick and simple as it is delicious!
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Ingredients
- Peanut Butter: To give these oatmeal cookies a delicious peanut butter flavor, use any creamy peanut butter. I prefer natural peanut butter.
- Sugar: Use any granulated sugar such as organic cane sugar or coconut sugar in this peanut butter cookie recipe.
- Milk: To keep this recipe dairy free, we use regular plain unsweetened almond or oat milk. You can also use regular milk if you are not dairy-free.
- Applesauce: Unsweetened applesauce is the secret weapon to making these oatmeal peanut butter cookies super moist and tender. You won't even taste it!
- Vanilla: Use a little vanilla extract to add a delicious flavor to this easy gluten-free peanut butter cookie recipe.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder helps the cookies rise.
- Oats: I recommend quick cooking oats in this recipe. Quick cooking oats are essentially rolled oats or old fashioned oats that have been broken down to smaller pieces - making them easier to bake with.
How To Make Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies
Step 1: Preheat the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2: Mix the creamy peanut butter, sugar, milk, applesauce, baking powder, and vanilla together. Once the mixture is smooth, add in the oats and mix until a thick cookie dough forms.
Step 3: Use a spoon to scoop out a heaping tablespoon of cookie dough for each cookie and place it onto the lined baking tray. Bake until golden.
Step 4: Allow the peanut butter oatmeal cookies to cool on a wire rack before serving.
Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Variations / Add-Ins
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanuts (or other nuts)
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can freeze this peanut butter cookie dough. Although, it is so simple to make on the spot so because you only need 7 ingredients and about 5 minutes! If you do end up freezing the peanut butter cookie dough, pleas thaw it completely before baking.
I like to store these oatmeal peanut butter cookies in an airtight container on the counter for 2-3 days. You can also freeze the cookies and heat in the microwave before serving.
Absolutely! These peanut butter oatmeal cookies are delicious with raisins, chocolate chips, nuts, or any of your other favorite cookie add-ins.
Other Easy Vegan Cookie Recipes
- 15-Minute Oatmeal Raisin & Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chunky Double Stuf OREO Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 20-Minute Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Easy Vegan Sugar Cookie Recipe
The Best Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe
Easy Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ⅔ cup coconut sugar or cane sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup quick oats
- Preheat the to 375
- Mix the peanut butter, sugar, almond milk, applesauce, vanilla, and baking powder together. Then, add the quick oats and mix until a thick batter is formed.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out 18-20 cookies and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes or until they're golden around the edges.
- Enjoy dunked in oat milk for a healthy(ish) dessert or filling breakfast cookie!