Say hello to these Vegan Pecan Bars - perfect for autumn! Not only are they bursting with crunchy pecans and rich nut butter, but they're also totally gluten-free friendly. And just when you thought they couldn't get any better, we've given them a sprinkle of sea salt on top, adding that perfect pinch of savory to your sweet. It's basically magic in bar form. Dive in and let these treats bring a smile to your day!
Pecan Bars: Ingredients Needed
- Creamy Base:
- ½ cup almond or oat milk (Feel free to use regular milk if not sticking to vegan)
- ½ cup melted vegan butter (Regular butter works just as well if you're not going vegan)
- ½ cup almond butter or peanut butter (Your nutty choice, any will do)
- Sweetness & Flavor:
- ½ cup sugar (Brown sugar, coconut sugar, cane sugar, or your go-to sweetener)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (To bring out the natural warm sweetness in the vegan pecan bars)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (A touch of aromatic goodness)
- Structure & Rise:
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt (For a balanced flavor in the vegan pecan bars)
- Wholesome Mix-ins:
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats (A great texture and health boost for the pecan bars)
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour, regular or gluten-free (For the gluten-free pals, King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour is a winner.)
- Pecan Bar Topping:
- ¼ cup almond butter or peanut butter
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (For more of that crunchy texture)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes (Because a hint of sea salt makes everything better)
Vegan Pecan Bars: Step-by-Step Guide
Set the Stage: Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F. Every great creation starts with the right environment!
Craft the Perfect Vegan Pecan Bar Dough: In a mixing bowl, combine almond milk, melted vegan butter, almond butter, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, and salt. Once it's smoothly blended, fold in the oats and flour. You're aiming for a rich, thick dough consistency.
Baking Time: Grab your 9x11 casserole dish and give it a light greasing. Spread the dough evenly into the dish and pop it into the oven. After about 35 minutes, you'll witness a golden crust forming around the edges - that's your cue!
Finishing Touches: Once baked to perfection, let your masterpiece cool down a bit. Slice into your desired bar sizes, drizzle with almond butter, crown with crushed pecans, and give it that gourmet touch with a sprinkle of sea salt flakes.
Dive In: Sit back and savor your handiwork. It's not just food; it's an experience. Enjoy every bite!
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! See the images above where we used parchment paper for an easier clean up.
Yes! These vegan pecan bars are lightly sweet and delicious! If you're looking for a sweeter treat, try topping these with my famous homemade vegan cream cheese Icing instead of with nut butter and sea salt. Instructions for the icing are found here.
We recommend storing leftover pecan bars at room temperature for 3-5 days in a sealed container. If you'd like to store them for longer, we recommend wrapping tight and storing in the freezer. Microwave to reheat. They taste amazing with an ice cold glass of oat milk.
Vegan Pecan Bars
Vegan Pecan Bars Ingredients
- ½ cup almond or oat milk
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- ½ cup almond butter or peanut butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats
- 1 ½ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon sea salt flakes
How To Make Vegan Pecan Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Prepare the pecan bar dough by mixing the almond milk, melted vegan butter, almond butter, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, and salt together. Add the oats and flour and mix until a thick dough forms. Transfer the dough into a 9x11 greased casserole dish and bake in the oven for 35 minutes.
- Once the bars are done baking (they should be golden around the edges and soft in the middle) allow them to cool before slicing. Top them with more almond butter, crushed pecans, and sprinkle them with the salt flakes. Enjoy!