Indulge in the delightful essence of fresh apples every morning with our Easy Vegan Apple Waffles. Crafted with uncomplicated, everyday ingredients, these waffles are not only bursting with natural sweetness and warmth but are also kind to your dietary preferences. With their vegan composition and a gluten-free friendly approach, they ensure everyone at the breakfast table is catered for. Perfectly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, these waffles are a testament to the fact that simplicity often leads to the best flavors. Pair with a drizzle of maple syrup or a sprinkle of cinnamon for a heartwarming start to your day!
Easy Apple Waffle Ingredients
- Liquid Base: Unsweetened almond or oat milk to make the apple waffles. If you're not dairy-free or vegan, feel free to use regular milk.
- Flavor Enhancers: Unsweetened applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon create the delicious apple cinnamon flavor we're craving!
- Vegan Moisture: You may use regular or vegan melted butter for adding moisture to the apple waffles. Coconut oil is also a healthy alternative.
- Rising Agent: These healthy apple waffles don't require any eggs to help them rise. Just use a little baking powder to create the perfect fluffy waffle.
- Flour Foundation: Regular or gluten-free all-purpose flour. When opting for gluten-free, our choice is King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. (Refrain from almond or baking flours.)
- Toppings: A sprinkle of powdered sugar and a drizzle of maple syrup for added sweetness.
How To Make Apple Waffles
- Prep the Iron: Warm your waffle iron to a medium setting.
- Mix & Whisk: In a bowl, combine oat/almond milk, applesauce, vegan butter, maple syrup, baking powder, cinnamon, and vanilla. As you whisk, fold in the flour until your batter is smooth and creamy.
- Golden Delight: Using about 2-3 tablespoons of batter for each waffle, spread evenly onto the heated waffle iron. Cook until each one turns a tempting golden shade. Enjoy the crisp exterior and soft interior of about 16 waffles from this mix.
Our Waffle Iron
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend storing these in a sealed container in the fridge for 2-3 days or 30 days in the freezer. Toast to reheat.
These apple waffles taste delicious topped with sliced apples or other fruit, nut butter, maple syrup, agave, or even yogurt.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ⅓ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- powdered sugar
- maple syrup
How To Make Apple Waffles
- Bring your waffle iron to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix the oat or almond milk, applesauce, melted vegan butter, maple syrup, baking powder, cinnamon, and vanilla together. Then, add the flour and mix until a batter forms.
- Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of batter per waffle onto the iron. Cook until golden, repeat until all of the batter is used. This recipe makes about 16 waffles.