These easy vegan waffles will remind you of a more delicious homemade "Eggo Waffle"! You only need 6 ingredients and a few minutes to whip up a batch of these Banana Waffles. They are dairy-free, can be made gluten-free, and are so delicious. Fluffy on the inside, crisp and golden on the inside. No one will guess they're vegan and everyone will love them!
What You Need:
- Milk: To keep these vegan banana waffles dairy-free, we use unsweetened oat or almond milk. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, you can use regular milk.
- Banana: We use one overripe mashed banana to provide a delicious and light sweetness to delicious tasty vegan waffles.
- Baking Powder: Used to help our waffles rise! No eggs needed.
- Vanilla and Cinnamon: Vanilla extract and a dash of cinnamon provide a lovely flavor to these homemade vegan waffles.
- Flour: Use regular all purpose flour to make these golden and fluffy vegan banana waffles. To make gluten-free banana waffles, use gluten-free all purpose flour.
Click Image For My $9 Waffle Iron
Banana Waffle Instructions
Step 1: In a mixing bowl, mash the overripe banana. Add the almond milk, baking powder, vanilla, and cinnamon and mix. Add the flour until a smooth batter forms.
Step 2: Spoon about 2-3 tablespoons of batter into a greased and hot waffle iron. Cook until crispy and golden on each side.
Step 3: Serve the vegan waffles with maple syrup or nut butter. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
I'd recommend leaving the banana out completely. To add sweetness to the waffle batter, you may add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
Try these vegan and gluten-free friendly Banana Pancakes instead!
Absolutely! You can make these vegan banana waffles and then allow them to cool completely. Store them in a freezer bag separated by wax paper and reheat in the toaster oven or microwave when you are ready to serve.
Other Vegan and Gluten-Free Waffle Recipes
- 3-Ingredient Cornbread Waffles
- 6 Ingredient Maple Vegan Blueberry Waffles
- 6 Ingredient Vegan Waffles with Cinnamon Sugar
- Easy Cinnamon Vegan Pumpkin Waffles
- 20-Minute Vegan Gingerbread Waffles
- Vegan Apple Cinnamon Waffles with Powdered Sugar
Banana Waffle Ingredients
- 1 cup unsweetened oat or almond milk
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
Banana Waffle Instructions
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the almond or oat milk, mashed banana, baking powder, vanilla, and cinnamon. Add the all purpose flour and mix until a batter forms.
- Heat your waffle iron to high, option to spray with coconut oil, butter, or olive oil spray.
- Scoop about 3 tablespoon of batter into a waffle iron. Cook 2-3 min or until golden on each side. This recipe makes about 8-12 waffles.