Experience a burst of flavors with this 30 Minute No-Bake Easy Vegan Cornbread Stuffing, a unique twist on a classic favorite. Packed with an array of veggies and infused with aromatic herbs, this stuffing promises to be the moist and flavorful addition your festive table has been waiting for. Enhanced by the rich creaminess of full-fat coconut milk and chunks of aged cornbread, this no-bake version offers convenience without compromising on taste. Ideal for those vegan feasts or when you desire a scrumptious alternative to traditional stuffing.
Easy Vegan Cornbread Stuffing Ingredients
- Vegan Butter: For that rich, buttery start.
- Fresh Veggies: A combination of chopped onion, carrots, celery, and corn for a nutritious bite.
- Herbs and Spices: Minced thyme, rosemary, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper for a well-seasoned touch.
- Full-Fat Coconut Milk: Adding creaminess and depth to the stuffing.
- All-Purpose Flour: Regular or gluten-free for the right texture. (For gluten-free aficionados, we vouch for the King Arthur Measure for Measure variety.)
- Aged Cornbread: Diced pieces to bring the stuffing together. We recommend using this Vegan Cornbread Recipe from our blog!
Note: If you're not following a strict vegan diet, or if you simply have traditional ingredients on hand, you can easily substitute the vegan components of this recipe with their non-vegan counterparts. Feel free to use regular butter in place of vegan butter, and if you prefer, dairy milk can be used as an alternative to coconut milk. This recipe is versatile, allowing you to adjust based on your preferences or what's available in your pantry. Whatever your choice, the essence of this delightful stuffing remains intact. Enjoy!
How To Make Vegan Cornbread Stuffing
- Initiate Veggie Sauté: In a large skillet, melt the vegan butter over medium heat. As it sizzles, usher in the onion, carrots, celery, and corn. Stir intermittently, aiming for a golden hue and tenderness over a 10-15 minute period.
- Herb Infusion: Integrate the array of herbs and spices, allowing them to meld for another 2 minutes.
- Creamy Integration: Pour in the coconut milk, followed by the flour. Stir until you achieve a thickened sauce consistency, then set the skillet aside.
- Cornbread Combine: Transfer the skillet's content to a 9-inch casserole dish. Incorporate the cornbread pieces, ensuring an even mix. It's ready to be served warm.
- Optional Baking: Should you prefer a more baked texture, cover the dish with foil and let it bake for 10-16 minutes. For a crispy top, uncover and broil briefly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! This Vegan Cornbread Stuffing can be prepared ahead of time, which can be a real time-saver, especially during busy holiday preparations.
Here's how to make it ahead of time:
Prepare the Stuffing: Follow the recipe instructions to prepare the stuffing up to the point before you would serve or bake it.
Cool Completely: Before storing, let the stuffing come to room temperature.
Storage: Transfer the stuffing to an airtight container or cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
Reheating: When you're ready to serve, preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Remove the plastic wrap from the casserole dish (if used), and cover the dish with aluminum foil to prevent the top from burning or drying out. Bake in the oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until it's heated through. If you want a crispy top, you can remove the foil for the last 5-10 minutes of baking or use the broil setting briefly.
Serving: Once reheated, serve the stuffing warm.
Tip: If you find the stuffing is a little dry when reheating (sometimes refrigeration can do that), you can drizzle a bit of vegetable broth or coconut milk over the top before baking to restore some moisture.
We recommend using this Vegan Cornbread Recipe from my blog and leaving off the maple syrup topping!
We sure do! Click here for our Vegan Green Bean Casserole Recipe!
Easy Vegan Cornbread Stuffing
Vegan Cornbread Stuffing Ingredients
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup canned or frozen and thawed corn
- 1 tablespoon minced thyme
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅔ cup canned full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 2 cup diced cornbread that is a few days old
Easy Vegan Cornbread Stuffing Recipe
- Bring a large skillet with vegan butter to medium heat. Once the butter has melted and is sizzling, add the chopped onion, carrots, celery, and corn. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 minutes or until the veggies are golden and tender.
- Add the herbs and spices and cook for 2 more minutes, stirring. Then, add the coconut milk and flour, mix until the sauce thickens and then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Pour the vegetable mixture into a 9 inch casserole dish and add the cornbread pieces. Carefully fold the vegan cornbread into the mixture and serve warm.
- Option to cover with foil and bake for 10-16 minutes and then uncover and broil for 2 minutes at the end.