Looking for a healthy vegan dessert or breakfast? This vegan Blueberry Crumble is super easy and absolutely delicious! It only uses 5 simple ingredients and takes about 5 minutes to prep! The result is a comforting, golden, blueberry bake that's as filling and healthy as it is yummy!
Digging into a delicious bowl of blueberry crumble is like having a taste of summer! This summer, you won't want to miss out on making this super easy blueberry crumble. I absolutely love serving this along with some vegan ice cream or even some vegan yogurt for breakfast! With only 5 ingredients, this is definitely the easiest blueberry crumble recipe ever!
My easy oatmeal blueberry crumble uses simple, easy to find ingredients to make an absolutely amazing vegan dessert! Here's what you'll need:
- Blueberries: You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe. Whichever you have on hand is great!
- Flour: All purpose flour works great, but if you need a gluten-free blueberry crumble then I recommend using King Arthur Measure for Measure Flour!
- Vegan Butter: Melted vegan butter will help this to really crisp up nicely in the oven. You can also use coconut oil!
- Sugar: Use any sugar your prefer.
- Quick Oats: Quick oats are great because they will cook nicely and crisp up in the oven. If you don't have quick oats, you can pulse old fashioned oats in a food processor to break them down.
- Optional: For some added flavor, you can add vanilla and cinnamon to the mix!
How to Make This Recipe
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Step 2: In a large mixing bowl, mix together the blueberries and flour. Pour into a small casserole 8 inch dish.
Step 3: In a separate bowl, mix together the melted vegan butter (or coconut oil), sugar, and oats. Option to also mix in vanilla and cinnamon.
Step 4: Pour the crumble on top of the berries and bake in the oven for 35 minutes until the oats are golden brown.
- Using frozen blueberries: Frozen blueberries will produce a little bit more watery of a filling, but both fresh or frozen blueberries will work in this recipe. No need to thaw the blueberries before using them.
- Allow the crumble to cool before serving! To allow the fruit mixture to set, it is best to let this crumble cool a bit before serving. Serve blueberry crisp warm with a scoop of vegan ice cream or some vegan whipped cream on top! Blueberry crumble can also be enjoyed at room temperature, if preferred.
- You can use this recipe with different fruits like peaches or blackberries. Or, try my Strawberry Crumble recipe!
Frequently Asked Questions
To store any leftover blueberry crumble, place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4-5 days. To reheat, pop in the microwave for about 30 seconds until warm.
This recipe can easily be made gluten-free by using gluten-free flour. Make sure that your oats are certified gluten-free as well!
More Vegan Dessert Recipes
Blueberry Crumble Ingredients
- 4 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoon regular all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- ¼ cup sugar of any kind
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
5-Ingredient Blueberry Crumble
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the blueberries and flour. Pour into a small casserole 8 inch dish.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the melted vegan butter or coconut oil, sugar or monkfruit sweetener, and oats. Option to also mix in vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Pour the crumble on top of the berries and bake in the oven for 35 minutes until the oats are golden brown.
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.