If you love peach crumble but are looking for a healthier vegan and gluten-free recipe, give this simple 6-ingredient Gluten-Free Peach Crisp a try. It's made in minutes with healthier ingredients such as oats and reduced sugar. It's absolutely delicious! Everyone in your home will love it and no one will guess it's actually good for you!
Peach crisp or crumble is typically a summer dessert (the best time to get fresh peaches), but I personally find this delicious peach crumble good all year long!
- Ripe Peaches: I recommend using freshly sliced ripe peaches to make this delicious vegan and gluten free peach crisp.
- Flour: Use regular or gluten-free all purpose flour in this easy peach crisp recipe. You can also use oat flour.
- Oats: To make that golden and buttery crumbly oat topping, use quick oats or rolled old fashioned oats. If you are gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats.
- Vegan Butter: Butter is how we give our oats that golden crisp texture. Use vegan butter or regular butter. You can also use coconut oil.
- Sugar: To sweeten the crumble that is served over the juicy peaches, use coconut or cane sugar.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon gives the oats a delicious warm flavor.
How To Make Gluten Free Peach Crumble
Step 1: Preheat the oven. Slice your ripe peaches and toss them in the all purpose flour. Add them to a greased baking dish.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, mix the oats, vegan butter, cinnamon, and sugar together to make the crumble oat topping. Pour the oatmeal crumble over the peaches and bake the peaches in the oven until the crisp is golden and the peaches are bubbling.
How To Serve Gluten Free Peach Crumble
Personally, I love this oatmeal peach crisp on it's own! But, it also tastes incredible served over vegan ice cream or yogurt!
How To Store Leftovers
You will want to store this delicious peach crumble covered in the fridge. Reheat by scooping out a portion and microwaving it until warm.
Expert Tips and Tricks
To give the peach crumble an extra golden topping, feel free to spray or drizzle the top of it with more vegan butter. Also, broiling the crumble for 1 minute at the end of baking will make the crumble oat more golden. Serve warm!
Frequently Asked Questions
Peach crumble and a peach crisp are very similar. Usually crumble does not include oats in the topping and instead uses flour to make a more biscuit like streusel.
Yes, you can use canned peaches or frozen peaches that have been thawed.
Unfortunately, oats are required in to make that amazing crisp and golden oatmeal crumble topping in this recipe. If you would like to try a similar recipe that doesn't have oats, I recommend my famous Blueberry Cobbler.
More Summer-Inspired Recipes to Try
Gluten-Free Peach Crisp
6-Ingredient Vegan Oatmeal Peach Crisp
- 2 cup freshly sliced peaches
- 2 tablespoon regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 cup quick oats
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 4 tablespoon cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
6-Ingredient Vegan Oatmeal Peach Crisp
- Preheat the oven to 375
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the sliced peaches and flour. Pour into a small casserole 8 inch dish
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, melted vegan butter, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour the crumble on top of the peaches and bake in the oven for 35 minutes until the oats are golden brown
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.