The Best Vegan Apple Fritters
These apple fritters taste like a cross between an apple cider donut and a funnel cake. And, oh my goodness they are delicious!
Vegan Apple Fritter Ingredients
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 3 tablespoon purecane brown sugar or regular brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup freshly grated apples
- purecane powdered sugar or regular powdered sugar
- vegan butter for frying
Vegan Apple Fritter Instructions
- Begin by making the vegan apple fritter batter. Mix the melted vegan butter, almond or oat milk, purecane brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder together. Then, use a fork to mix in the regular or gluten free all purpose flour until a thick batter forms.
- Peel and grate an apple until you have about 1 cup of grated apple. I used honey crisp. Fold the grated apple into the vegan apple fritter batter.
- Bring a skillet with 2 tablespoon of vegan butter to medium low. Once the butter is sizzling, use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop one tablespoon of dough, per fritter, into the skillet. Be careful not to make your fritters too large or they won't cook all the way through. Fill the skillet with the fritters and fry until golden (about 3 minutes). Flip and continue until golden on all sides.
- Once the fritters are golden on both/each side, remove from the skillet and rest on a paper towel or parchment lined plate. Repeat until all of the vegan apple fritter dough is fried. Top with purecane powdered sugar and enjoy warm.
Serving: 1gCalories: 112kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 1gFat: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!