Easy Vegan Apple Cider Donuts
These vegan apple cider donuts are too good for words! Enjoy these fall time vegan donuts for dessert or breakfast. The batter is made with healthier ingredients like flax seed and applesauce. They're baked and not fried, making them a wholesome family-friendly treat. This recipe for vegan apple cider donuts is so easy and your home will smell incredible while these bad boys bake. Toss them in cinnamon sugar or drizzle them with cinnamon glaze. Everyone in your home is going to love these scrumptious vegan apple cider donuts and no one will guess they're dairy and egg free!
Vegan Apple Cider Donuts
- 2 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 4 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup almond or oat milk
- ¾ cup cane or coconut sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- almond or oat milk for thinning
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flax seed meal with the hot water and let this sit for 2 minutes. Then, add the almond milk, sugar, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, melted vegan butter, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt together. Mix well - the mixture will start to fizz. Add the flour and mix until a batter forms.
- Spoon the batter into 16 silicone donut molds that have been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes or until the donuts have risen and are golden. Allow them to cool in the molds before removing and adding the toppings.
- To make the cinnamon sugar topping, simply mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a bowl. To make the glaze, simply whisk together the powdered sugar, melted vegan butter, and cinnamon. If the mixture is too thick to dip the donuts into, add 1-2 tablespoon of almond milk to thin the glaze.
- Dip the donuts into the cinnamon sugar or the glaze and serve!
Serving: 1gCalories: 122kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 1gFat: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!