Vegan Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Vegan Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 12 graham crackers, crushed about 1 ½ cups
- ⅓ cup salted melted vegan butter if using coconut oil - you will want to add a pinch of salt to the Graham cracker crust
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 2 ½ cups canned pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup organic cane sugar or ¼ cup monk-fruit sweetener (with erythritol)
- 1 ½ cups canned full fat coconut milk I try to use as much of the solid white cream in the can as possible
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the crushed graham crackers, melted vegan butter or coconut oil, and coconut sugar. Press the mixture into the base of a standard pie dish and use a silicon spatula to make sure it's evenly packed in. Bake the crust for 10 minutes in the oven. Remove and set aside.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a large mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, monk-fruit sweetener, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Then, add the cornstarch and mix well.
- Pour the vegan pumpkin pie filling into the pie dish with the baked graham cracker crust, return the pie into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes. The edges should be browned, and it should be firm (but not hard) to touch.
- Allow the pie to cool for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with your favorite pumpkin pie toppings!
Serving: 1gCalories: 248kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 2gFat: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!