Vegan Pumpkin Pie with Graham Cracker Pie Crust
Vegan Graham Cracker Pie Crust
- 12 graham crackers, crushed about 1 ½ cups
- ⅓ cup salted melted vegan butter if using coconut oil - you will want to add a pinch of salt to the Graham cracker crust
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 2 ½ cups canned pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup organic cane sugar or ¼ cup monk-fruit sweetener (with erythritol)
- 1 ½ cups canned full fat coconut milk I try to use as much of the solid white cream in the can as possible
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
Vegan Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the crushed graham crackers, melted vegan butter or coconut oil, and coconut sugar. Press the mixture into the base of a standard pie dish and use a silicon spatula to make sure it's evenly packed in. Bake the crust for 10 minutes in the oven. Remove and set aside.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a large mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, coconut sugar, monk-fruit sweetener, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, and salt. Then, add the cornstarch and mix well.
- Pour the vegan pumpkin pie filling into the pie dish with the baked graham cracker crust, return the pie into the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes. The edges should be browned, and it should be firm (but not hard) to touch.
- Allow the pie to cool for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar or top with your favorite pumpkin pie toppings!
Serving: 1gCalories: 248kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 2gFat: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi , what brand of gluten free / vegan graham crackers do you use ???
Hi Jessica! I use Schar's Gluten Free Honey Grahams, however if you are more strict and you want to stay away from honey - Simple Mill's Almond Flour Cinnamon Cookies, Annie's Homegrown Snickerdoodle Cookies, and Enjoy Life Sugar Crisps are all great options!
Hi! How much would it affect the recipe if we used lite coconut milk?
It should be fine!
Kourtney Adams says
Could you replace the coconut milk with any plant milk?
you will want to use a plant milk with a higher fat content, like full fat oat or cashew milk
Does this freeze well if I were to make ahead?
I have not tried freezing it but I think it will work out well 🙂 I usually refrigerate mine overnight before serving.