These Strawberry Biscuits are super easy, delicious, and make the perfect breakfast, brunch, snack or dessert! They're made with simple ingredients, prepped in 5 minutes, and after 15 minutes in the oven you'll have fluffy, buttery and lightly sweet biscuits that everyone will love.
These quick and easy vegan strawberry biscuits and the absolute perfect breakfast! Everyone will be surprised that these biscuits are actually vegan. You can easily make these gluten-free if needed, as well! Don't love strawberries? You can make my classic Vegan Biscuits instead!
Strawberry Biscuit Ingredients Needed
My easy vegan strawberry drop biscuits use minimal ingredients to make healthy and delicious biscuits! Here's what you'll need:
- Butter: Melted vegan butter is added for a rich, buttery biscuit. If you are not vegan, feel free to substitute with regular butter.
- Almond Milk: Any milk will work here but I prefer unsweetened almond or oat milk!
- Maple Syrup & Vanilla Extract: Maple syrup is added for a touch of sweetness and flavor. Vanilla adds some extra flavor as well!
- Baking Powder: Baking powder helps the biscuits rise in the oven to become fluffy.
- Salt: A touch of salt is needed to balance the flavors!
- Flour: I used all purpose flour here, but you can make gluten-free drop biscuits by replacing it with a gluten-free flour. I recommend King Arthur's Measure for Measure gluten-free flour.
- Fresh or Frozen Strawberries: Dice up some fresh strawberries or use frozen strawberries for ease!
- Optional Cream Cheese Frosting: Powdered Sugar, Regular or Vegan Cream Cheese and Softened Vegan Butter can be combined for a creamy, sweet frosting!
- Optional Vanilla Icing: Powdered Sugar, Regular Milk or Almond Milk, and Vanilla Extract can be combined for a thinner, sweet drizzle!
How to Make Strawberry Biscuits
Strawberry Biscuits are super easy to whip up and can be ready to enjoy in just 20 minutes!
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, hand mix the melted butter, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, salt and baking powder.
Step 2: Then, mix in the flour until just combined. Be careful not to over mix! If using gluten-free flour and the mixture seems crumbly, add 1 tablespoon of melted vegan butter and 1 tablespoon of almond milk and mix it into the dough.
Step 3: Then, gently fold in the strawberries. Again, don't over mix!
Step 4: Use a heaping tablespoon to scoop out 12 drop biscuits and drop them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them for about 15 minutes until they are lightly golden on top. Option to broil at the end for about a minute to give them more color on the top.
Step 5: Finally, you can make either a vegan cream cheese frosting or a vegan vanilla icing to top these off! For the vegan cream cheese frosting, use an elective hand mixer to mix powdered sugar, vegan cream cheese, and softened vegan butter. For the vegan icing, use a whisk to mix powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla together. Drizzle the frosting or icing over the warm biscuits and serve immedieately!
- Don't over mix the dough! Make sure to gently mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. Over mixed dough can result in dense biscuits!
- Eat them with more vegan butter! If you skip the icing on these, try having your warm vegan strawberry drop biscuits with some more vegan butter. Slightly sweet with a bit of buttery flavor. Yum!
- Try not to over bake. Keep an eye on the biscuits in an effort to not over bake. Over baked biscuits can become quite dry!
Frequently Asked Questions
Drop biscuits are made by dropping the dough onto the pan and baking. These are leavened by baking powder instead of cold butter. They are coined "drop" biscuits since you simply drop the biscuit dough onto the pan instead of rolling and cutting.
Store any leftover biscuits in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. To reheat, pop them in the microwave or toaster oven until heated through! To freeze, allow them to cool completely and place them in a freezer safe bag. Freeze for up to 3 months. To reheat from frozen, pop them in the microwave or oven until heated through.
More Biscuit Recipes to Try
Strawberry Biscuit Ingredients
- ½ cup melted regular or vegan butter
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk regular milk will also work
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen diced strawberries
Cream Cheese Icing
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 oz regular or vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon softened regular or vegan butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened oat milk or almond milk regular milk will also work
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Strawberry Biscuit Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, hand mix the melted butter, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, salt, and baking powder. Then, mix in the flour just until combined. Be careful not to over mix! If using gluten-free flour and the dough seems crumbly, add another 1 tablespoon of melted vegan butter and 1 tablespoon of almond milk and work it into the dough.
- Then, gently fold in the strawberries. Again, don’t over mix! Use a heaping tablespoon to scoop out 12 “drop biscuits” and drop them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake them in the oven for about 15 minutes until they are lightly golden on top. Option to broil at the end for about a minute to give them more color on top.
- For vegan cream cheese frosting - Use an electric hand mixer to mix your powdered sugar, vegan cream cheese, and softened vegan butter. Drizzle over the warm biscuits and serve immediately!
- For vegan vanilla icing - use a whisk to mix your powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla together. Drizzle over the warm biscuits and serve immediately!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.