Looking for an effortless twist on the traditional biscuit? Dive into these easy and delicious Everything Biscuits! With just a handful of ingredients, you'll skip the usual rolling and cutting and simply "drop" the dough onto the baking sheet. These everything bagel biscuits are not only vegan and gluten-free friendly, ensuring everyone can enjoy them, but they also boast a buttery, golden finish. The everything bagel seasoning on top will pack in the flavor. Their fluffy texture guarantees a melt-in-your-mouth experience that's bound to win over any crowd. Perfect for those who love the classic biscuit taste or are craving that savory flavor without the added fuss!
Ingredients You Need For Everything Biscuits
- Butter: ½ cup, melted. (Can also use vegan butter or regular butter if not sticking to a non-dairy/vegan diet)
- Milk: ¾ cup of either unsweetened oat or almond milk. (Regular milk is an alternative if you're not dairy-free or vegan option)
- Sweetener: 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or honey for non-vegan version)
- Salt: Just a ¼ teaspoon for a hint of seasoning.
- Baking Essentials: 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder.
- Flour: 2 cups of all-purpose flour. For those with gluten restrictions, opt for King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. (Avoid substituting with almond or baking flour)
- Flavor Enhancers: 2 tablespoon of freshly chopped chives.
- Seasoning: 2 tablespoon of everything bagel seasoning to sprinkle on top.
Everything Bagel Biscuit Recipe Instructions
- Prep your Oven: Start by preheating it to 400°F.
- Create the Batter: In a mixing bowl, combine the melted butter, your choice of milk, maple syrup, and baking powder. Gradually add in your flour, ensuring it's mixed just until combined. If you're using gluten-free flour and it's a bit crumbly, incorporate an additional tablespoon of both melted vegan butter and milk.
- Add the Extras: Gently fold in the chives to your dough.
- Shape & Season: Drop spoonfuls of your biscuit dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle them generously with everything bagel seasoning.
- Bake to Perfection: Allow them to bake for approximately 15 minutes. You'll know they're ready when they're fluffy and have a golden base.
- Final Touch: For those who love a more toasted top, you can broil the biscuits for about a minute to achieve that golden-brown finish.
How To Make Your Own Everything Bagel Seasoning
- White Sesame Seeds: 1 tbsp
- Black Sesame Seeds: 1 tablespoon (for color contrast and a slightly different flavor)
- Dried Minced Garlic: 1 tbsp
- Dried Minced Onion: 1 tbsp
- Poppy Seeds: ½ tbsp
- Coarse Sea Salt: 1 teaspoon (or to taste; you can use flaked sea salt for a different texture)
- Mix Ingredients: In a small bowl, combine the white and black sesame seeds, dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, poppy seeds, and coarse sea salt.
- Stir Well: Ensure all ingredients are evenly distributed. You want every pinch of your seasoning to have a bit of each component.
- Store Properly: Transfer your seasoning mix into an airtight container. It can be stored in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.
- Enjoy: Sprinkle it on bagels, avocado toast, salads, roasted veggies, and more. The possibilities are endless!
Other Easy Bagel Recipes
Did you love these biscuits? Here is a list of some of our other favorite vegan and gluten-free friendly bagel recipes from the blog:
Apple Pie Biscuits
Maple Butter Banana Biscuits
Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Everything Biscuits Ingredients
- ½ cup melted vegan butter or regular butter if not vegan
- ¾ cup unsweetened oat or almond milk or regular milk if not vegan
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey if not vegan
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup all purpose flour or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 2 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
How To Make Everything Biscuits
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees
- Mix melted butter, almond or oat milk, maple syrup, and baking powder. Then, mix in your flour just until combined. If using gluten-free flour and the dough seems crumbly, add another 1 tablespoon of melted vegan butter and 1 tablespoon of almond milk and work it into the dough. Don't over-mix the dough or your biscuits will be dense or flat.
- Fold in the chives and then drop the biscuit dough onto a prepared cookie sheet and sprinkle with everything bagel seasoning. Bake for about 15 minutes until the biscuits are fluffy and golden on the bottom. Option to broil the biscuits for about a minute to give them more color on top!