Looking for an extra special breakfast treat? These Vegan Waffles are sure to put a smile on your face! Everyone in your home will love them and no one will believe that they're vegan and gluten free. You only need 6 ingredients to whip up a bath of these 20 minutes vegan waffles with cinnamon sugar!
These vegan waffles will come out with a crispy outside and perfectly tender inside, just like classic waffles. They make for an irresistible and delicious breakfast! And with just six ingredients, they couldn't be any easier to make.
These cinnamon sugar vegan waffles use pantry staples to make this recipe as easy as possible! Here's what you'll need:
- Milk: To keep these waffles vegan, use a plant based milk like almond or oat milk.
- Maple Syrup: For a hint of sweetness in the dough, I like to add a bit of maple syrup! You can also use honey or agave in place of the maple syrup.
- Vanilla: For added flavor, I add a bit of vanilla to the batter.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder helps the waffles fluff up as they cook!
- Cinnamon: A bit of cinnamon in the batter adds some flavor and goes well with the cinnamon sugar topping.
- Flour: You can use regular all purpose flour, or for gluten free waffles use a measure for measure gluten free flour like King Arthur.
- Cinnamon Sugar Topping: Cinnamon & Sugar!
How to Make This Recipe
Cinnamon sugar waffles are easy to whip up with just a mixing bowl and a waffle iron! Here are the simple steps:
- Make the Batter: Mix the almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon together. Then, whisk in the flour until just combined.
- Prep the Waffle Iron & Cook: Heat a waffle iron to medium, spray it with nonstick spray, and spoon in about 2-3 tablespoons of batter per waffle, for mini waffles. Cook until golden and repeat until all of the batter is used. You should have around 8 regular sized waffles or 16 mini waffles.
- Toss in Topping: Mix the cinnamon and sugar topping together and then spray the waffles with nonstick spray or lightly brush them with vegan butter. Toss them in cinnamon sugar & enjoy!
- Top them off with extra toppings! You can go crazy with the toppings and enjoy these vegan waffles with vegan whipped cream, vegan butter, sliced fruit, and maple syrup!
- Large gathering? Double the recipe and create a waffle bar for your guests to enjoy!
- Don't over mix the batter. You want a smooth waffle batter, but try not to over mix it once the flour is added to ensure that you get fluffy and tender waffles!
- Got a sweet tooth? Throw some mini vegan chocolate chips into the batter for chocolate cinnamon sugar waffles!
Frequently Asked Questions
Keep them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. When you are ready to eat them, pop them in the microwave for a few seconds so they are warm! To freeze, place parchment paper between each waffle and freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge and reheat in the microwave when you are ready!
If your waffles turn out soft on the outside and not as crispy as you want, make sure that the waffle iron is hot enough!
More Breakfast Recipes
- Fluffy Vegan Buttermilk Pancakes
- Vegan Gingerbread Waffles
- Vegan Cinnamon Roll Pancakes
- Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
6 Ingredient Vegan Waffles with Cinnamon Sugar
6 Ingredient Vegan Waffles
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- ¼ cup sugar, any kind
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
6 Ingredient Vegan Waffles
- Mix the almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon together. Then, whisk in the flour until combined.
- Heat a waffle iron to medium, spray it with nonstick spray, and spoon in about 2-3 tablespoons of batter per waffle. Cook until golden and repeat until all the batter is used. You should have 8 regular waffles or 16 mini waffles.
- Once the waffles are done, mix the cinnamon and sugar topping together and then spray the waffles with nonstick spray or lightly brush them with vegan butter. Toss them in cinnamon sugar & enjoy!
- These taste amazing alone, topped with vegan whipped cream, vegan butter, or drizzled with maple syrup!