If you love both decadent cinnamon rolls and moist banana bread, this mouthwatering Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread is going to be your new favorite breakfast or dessert! he bread is tender and dense, filled with cinnamon and brown sugar swirls, and topped with vegan cream cheese frosting. Your kitchen is going to smell incredible and everyone is going to want a slice!
This is The Best Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread and it's super simple to make. You only need a handful of ingredients found anywhere. This recipe is both vegan and gluten-free friendly but no one would ever guess it.
Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread Ingredients
- Bananas: The key to making the perfect banana bread is to use overripe bananas. Think 'brown and spotty'. Mash them into an applesauce-like texture and they add a natural sweetness and banana bread flavor to this delicious breakfast recipe.
- Maple Syrup: To make our cinnamon roll banana bread batter super moist and give it a delicious maple flavor - we use pure maple syrup in the batter.
- Butter: To keep this recipe vegan, we use melted vegan butter in our banana bread batter. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, regular butter will work.
- Milk: To keep this recipe vegan, we use plant-based milk such as unsweetened almond milk or oat milk. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, regular milk will work.
- Brown Sugar: We use light brown sugar in the cinnamon swirl filling. If you don't have light brown sugar, regular organic cane sugar or even coconut sugar will work.
- Cinnamon: It wouldn't be cinnamon roll banana bread without a generous amount of ground cinnamon.
- Baking Essentials: Baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and salt.
- Flour: We recommend using regular or gluten-free all purpose flour in the cinnamon roll banana bread batter. Our favorite gluten-free flour is King Arthur Measure for Measure.
- Oats: We use old fashioned rolled oats in our cinnamon roll banana bread to add some texture and make it more filling.
- Cream Cheese: No cinnamon roll is complete without cream cheese icing. To keep this recipe vegan, we use vegan cream cheese to make our delicious cream cheese frosting. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, regular cream cheese will work.
- Powdered Sugar: Powdered sugar is used to sweeten our cream cheese frosting.
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a metal loaf pan with non stick baking spray. Mash three overripe bananas together in a large mixing bowl.
Step 2: Add the almond or oat milk, melted vegan butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the bowl. Mix well. Then, mix in the flour and oats. Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
Step 3: In a small bowl, make the cinnamon swirl filling by mixing the melted vegan butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Spoon this over the top of the banana bread batter and then use a spoon to fold it in a few times to create a swirl effect.
Step 4: Bake in the oven until golden brown on the top. You will know it's done because your kitchen will smell amazing and you will be able to insert a toothpick into the center of the banana bread and it will come out clean. While the banana bread bakes, make the vegan cream cheese frosting by mixing the softened vegan butter, vegan cream cheese, and powdered sugar together.
Step 5: Allow the banana bread to cool for a few minutes and then spread the top with the vegan cream cheese frosting. Serve warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend allowing the banana bread to cool completely, and then storing it in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-5 days. Keep in mind that refrigeration is drying for baked goods. To reheat, warm in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
Yes! Click here for my classic vegan cinnamon rolls!
Yes! Click here for my famous oatmeal banana bread recipe!
Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread
- 9x5 inch metal loaf pan
- one small mixing bowl
- one large mixing bowl
- fork for mashing
- measuring spoons and cups
Banana Bread Batter
- 3 overripe mashed bananas
- 4 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 4 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon cinnamon
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 2 oz softened vegan cream cheese
Cinnamon Roll Banana Bread Instructions
- Begin by preheating the oven to 375. Grease a metal loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In your large mixing bowl, use a fork to mash the overripe bananas. Add the melted vegan butter, maple syrup, plant-milk, vanilla, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. Add the flour and oats and mix until a batter forms.
- Transfer the batter into the greased loaf pan. In a small separate bowl, make the cinnamon swirl by mixing the melted vegan butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon together. Drizzle the cinnamon swirl over the top of the banana bread batter and then use a spoon to gently fold it in to create a swirl effect.
- Bake the cinnamon roll banana bread in the oven for 55-60 minutes or until it is golden brown. While the bread bakes, use a whisk to mix the melted vegan butter, powdered sugar, and vegan cream cheese to make the vegan cream cheese frosting.
- Drizzle the frosting over the loaf once it has cooled for a couple of minutes and enjoy while it's still warm!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.