This Strawberry Banana Bread is going to impress everyone in your home! Enjoy this tender, soft, and better-for-you bread for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert. You need a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. No one will guess this vegan strawberry banana bread is vegan and gluten-free friendly and everyone will love it!
Strawberry Banana Bread Ingredients
- Bananas: We use 3 overripe bananas to flavor and sweeten this delicious vegan strawberry banana bread.
- Flax Seed: This strawberry banana bread is egg-free. Instead of using eggs in this vegan strawberry banana bread recipe, we use flax seed meal (or ground flax seeds) mixed with warm water to make flax eggs. Flax seed is also healthy and full of fiber.
- Butter: To keep this recipe vegan and dairy-free, we use vegan butter. I used the brand Miyokos. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular butter.
- Milk: To keep this recipe vegan and dairy-free, we use almond milk. Oat milk or any other plant-based milk will work. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular milk.
- Maple Syrup: Used to sweeten our vegan strawberry banana bread.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder: These ingredients help our banana bread rise and get golden and fluffy.
- Salt: For balancing sweetness.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract is used to provide another layer of flavor.
- Flour: In this banana bread recipe, we use regular all-purpose flour. If you need to make gluten-free strawberry banana bread, feel free to use gluten-free flour. I used King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour in my gluten-free strawberry banana bread.
- Strawberries: Fresh strawberries are essential for this strawberry banana bread recipe.
Strawberry Banana Bread Instructions:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 375. Peel three overripe bananas and mash them until they are an applesauce texture.
Step 2: Prepare your flax eggs by mixing the flax seed meal and warm water together. Set the flax eggs aside until a thick gel forms.
Step 3: Add the wet ingredients, flax eggs, and the baking powder, baking soda, and salt to your bowl and mix. Then, add the flour and mix until a thick batter forms.
Step 4: Fold in the diced strawberries and then transfer the mixture into a greased metal loaf pan or a standard metal round pan. You may decorate the top of the strawberry banana bread with strawberries if you'd like.
Step 5: Bake until the strawberry banana bread is golden brown and completely risen in the center. While the banana bread is baking, you may use an electric hand mixer to mix the frosting together. Check the center with a toothpick for doneness. Option to drizzle icing over the top of the banana bread or serve unfrosted.
Serving Strawberry Banana Bread
Serve with or without frosting. If enjoying without frosting, I recommend serving this warm and spread each slice with a little vegan butter.
Storing Strawberry Banana Bread
I recommend storing this banana bread (unfrosted) wrapped in plastic on the counter top at room temperature. Refrigeration can dry out baked goods so I do not recommend this. If you have leftovers, I recommend freezing. You may reheat in the microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
Using overripe bananas is key to making banana bread sweet and moist. I recommend waiting to make this until you have brown and spotty bananas. I like to peel and freeze overripe bananas so that I always have some on hand. You can simple microwave them to reheat before baking.
This strawberry banana bread is a better-for-you version because it includes more wholesome ingredients like bananas, maple syrup, and flax eggs rather than regular eggs and other animal products.
Absolutely! You can use gluten-free flour such as King Arthur Measure for Measure to make this strawberry banana bread gluten-free.
Absolutely! This Healthy Banana Nut Bread recipe is easy, moist, and delicious!
Strawberry Banana Bread
Strawberry Banana Bread
- 3 mashed overripe bananas
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoon ground flax seed meal + 4 tablespoon warm water
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 cup diced strawberries
Optional Vegan Icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
Strawberry Banana Bread
- Preheat the oven to 375. In a small bowl, prepare the flax eggs by mixing the flax seed meal and warm water together. Set aside until a thick gel forms (about 2 minutes)
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the mashed banana, flax eggs, almond or oat milk, vanilla, maple syrup, vegan butter, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Then, mix in your flour until combined. Finally, fold in the diced strawberries. Pour the batter into a greased 9 inch springform pan or a 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until golden brown on top. You will know it's done when you can stick a toothpick into the center of it without batter coming out.
- Top with optional vegan icing by mixing the 4 ingredients together and drizzling over the bread!