Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Vegan Cream Cheese Icing
These vegan pumpkin cinnamon rolls are outstanding! The vegan cinnamon roll dough is fluffy and light. It's wrapped around a delicious buttery pumpkin filling and baked to golden perfection. The cinnamon rolls are topped with my famous homemade vegan cream cheese icing. This is a vegan holiday cinnamon roll that everyone will love (and won't believe they're vegan!)
Classic Vegan Cinnamon Roll Dough
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 cups regular all purpose flour or 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon non dairy yogurt
Quick No-Yeast Cinnamon Roll Dough - 30 Minute Version
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon non dairy yogurt
Pumpkin Cinnamon Roll Filling
- ¼ cup softened vegan butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
Vegan Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
Classic Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls - Preferred
- Prepare the dough by mixing the warm almond milk, melted vegan butter, maple syrup, and salt. Sprinkle the active dry yeast evenly across the top of the mixture, stir gently, and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix until a dough forms. If using gluten free flour, scoop in 2 tablespoon of non dairy yogurt into the bowl and then use your hands to work it in and form the dough into a mound. This creates more elasticity and the gluten free dough will hold together better when rolling. You don't need to do this step if using regular flour.
- Use your hands to form the dough into a round mound, leaving it in the bowl. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and set it on top of the preheated oven (the warmth of the oven helps the dough to rise faster) This is an optional step and the dough will still rise if you leave it covered on the counter top.
- After the dough has risen for an hour place it on a floured surface and roll the dough into a ¼ inch oval or rectangle (add more flour if the dough is too sticky to roll). Note, if using gluten-free flour, the dough will be slightly more dry. Spread the softened butter to cover the dough. Then, spread the pumpkin puree over top. Sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Roll the dough into a log and cut it into about 10 pinwheels. Place the pinwheels into a baking dish so that they are close but not touching. Cover them with a towel or loose plastic wrap and set aside for another 30 minutes. Note, if your rolls are gluten free, they won't be as voluminous as rolls with gluten in them, but they'll be every bit as delicious!
- Remove plastic wrap and bake the rolls in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, make the vegan cream cheese frosting by using an electric hand mixer to mix together the softened vegan butter, powdered sugar, and vegan cream cheese. Allow the rolls to cool and spread the icing over the rolls. Enjoy!
Quick No-Yeast Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls - 30 Minute Version
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Mix ¾ cup almond milk, ½ cup melted vegan butter, and 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder together. Then, add the 2 cups of regular or gluten free all purpose flour together and mix until a thick dough forms.
- If using gluten free flour, scoop in 2 tablespoon of non dairy yogurt into the bowl and then use your hands to work it in and form the dough into a mound. This creates more elasticity and the gluten free dough will hold together better when rolling. You don't need to do this step if using regular flour.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and sprinkle the top with more flour. Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough into a ¼ inch thick slab. Spread with softened vegan butter, then the pumpkin puree. Finally, sprinkle with sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Carefully roll the dough into a log. Slice the log into 10-12 pinwheels and place them into a greased round dish. Bake the cinnamon rolls for about 20 minutes. Option to broil for 1-2 minutes at the end to give them more color.
- While the rolls are baking, you may use an electric hand mixer to mix the vegan cream cheese, softened butter, and powdered sugar to make the icing. Allow the rolls to cool before frosting. Enjoy!
Serving: 1gCalories: 269kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 4gFat: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!