Easy No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls means you can enjoy freshly baked cinnamon rolls in just about 30 minutes! Not only are these quick and easy, but they are made with minimal ingredients and can be vegan and gluten free. They bake up buttery, golden brown, and filled with cinnamon sugar. Add a drizzle of homemade cream cheese frosting for the ultimate breakfast or brunch!
No Yeast Vegan Cinnamon Roll Ingredients
In order to make this no yeast vegan cinnamon roll recipe, you need everyday ingredients like:
- Milk: To make vegan cinnamon rolls, use a warm dairy free milk like almond or oat milk. If you're not concerned with keeping these vegan, any milk will work.
- Butter: You’ll need vegan butter for the dough, filling and icing.
- Baking powder: To increase the volume and lighten the texture of these fluffy rolls.
- All purpose flour: This recipe uses all-purpose flour for soft and fluffy rolls. To make these gluten-free cinnamon rolls, use King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. You cannot replace the flour with almond flour or another gluten free flour blend. It has to be a 1-1 replacement flour.
- Yogurt: If using gluten-free flour, you'll need to add some yogurt to make the gluten free dough more elastic and hold together better while rolling. You can use dairy free yogurt for a vegan option.
- For the No Yeast Vegan Cinnamon Roll Filling: A simple blend of vegan butter, sugar and cinnamon is used to fill the rolls.
- For the Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting: Just add vegan cream cheese, vegan butter and powdered sugar to a bowl and mix. It creates a mouthwatering vegan cinnamon roll frosting that everyone will love!
How To Make No Yeast Cinnamon Rolls
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Mix the almond milk, melted vegan butter, and baking powder together. Then, mix in the flour until a thick dough forms.
For Gluten-Free Flour: If using gluten free flour, add the non dairy yogurt into the dough and use your hands to work it into the dough. If using regular flour, this step isn't necessary.
Step 2: Place the dough onto a floured surface and sprinkle the top with more flour. Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough into a ¼ inch thick slab. Spread with softened vegan butter, sprinkle with sugar, and cinnamon.
Step 3: Carefully roll the dough into a log. Slice the log into 10-12 pinwheels and place them into a greased round dish. Bake the cinnamon rolls for about 20 minutes.
Step 4: While the rolls are baking, you may use an electric hand mixer or stand mixer to mix the vegan cream cheese, softened butter, and powdered sugar to make the icing. Allow the rolls to cool before frosting. Enjoy!
No Yeast Vegan Cinnamon Roll Tips
This no yeast cinnamon roll recipe is super easy, but here are a few tips and tricks to try so they're perfect every time!
- Flouring Your Work Surface: Don't forget to flour your work surface and the rolling pin. This is to prevent the cinnamon rolls from sticking to the surface or to the rolling pin.
- Cutting the Rolls: We recommend using a very sharp knife, or a piece of string to cut these into equal slices.
- Baking Pan: These rolls can be baked in an 8 or 9-inch round cake pan. You want them to be close together while baking and not too spread apart. This helps the no-yeast cinnamon rolls stay nice and soft.
- Broil: To add a bit more color to the top of your no yeast vegan cinnamon rolls, we recommend broiling for 1-2 minutes just before removing from the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can freeze no yeast cinnamon roll dough before baking. Simply, roll and cut, then wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and freeze them. The night before you want to bake them, transfer to round pan and let them thaw in the fridge overnight.
These are best right after baking, when fresh and warm. However, leftover rolls will keep for 1-2 days, covered at room temp. To keep them fresh longer, store them in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Simply reheat in the microwave to get them soft and gooey again!
If the dough appears too sticky, continue kneading and add flour one tablespoon at a time until the dough reaches a tacky texture.
Because there is not active dry yeast in this recipe, the dough will not rise before baking. The baking powder should give the rolls plenty of lift while baking. If the cinnamon rolls do not rise while baking, check to ensure that your baking powder has not expired.
The rolls should become nice and fluffy while baking. If they do not, it could be due to expired baking powder or not using the correct ingredient measurements.
More Vegan Cinnamon Roll Recipes to Try
- Gluten-Free Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- No Yeast Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Blueberry Sweet Rolls
- Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon Roll Recipe (No Yeast)
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Dough (no yeast)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 tablespoon non dairy yogurt only needed if using gluten free flour
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Filling
- ¼ cup softened vegan butter
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 teaspoon cinnamon
Vegan Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
Classic Vegan Cinnamon Rolls (with yeast)
- Click Here for Classic Vegan & Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll Recipe (with yeast)
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Mix the almond milk, melted vegan butter, and baking powder together. Then, mix in the flour until a thick dough forms.
- If using gluten free flour, add the non dairy yogurt into the dough and use your hands to work it into the dough. This step will make the gluten free dough more elastic and hold together better while rolling. If using regular flour, this step isn't necessary.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and sprinkle the top with more flour. Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough into a ¼ inch thick slab. Spread with softened vegan butter, sprinkle with sugar, and cinnamon.
- Carefully roll the dough into a log. Slice the log into 10-12 pinwheels and place them into a greased round dish. Bake the cinnamon rolls for about 20 minutes. Option to broil for 1-2 minutes at the end to give them more color.
- While the rolls are baking, you may use an electric hand mixer to mix the vegan cream cheese, softened butter, and powdered sugar to make the icing. Allow the rolls to cool before frosting. Enjoy!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.