Southwest Sweet Potato Fries with Easy Homemade Guac
Crispy & perfectly seasoned with cajun spices - these homemade sweet potato fries are the perfect side to any vegan dish! Everyone will love them and you won't believe how easy they are to bake!
Sweet Potato Fries
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Cumin
- 2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes
- 1 Avocado
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- ¼ cup Chopped Onion
- ¼ cup Diced Tomatos
- ¼ teaspoon Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Instructions
- Preheat your oven to 425. While preheating, slice your sweet potatoes into thin slices (about ¼-1/3 inch thick).
- Once the potatoes are sliced, toss them in olive oil and then lay them onto a foil or parchment lined baking sheet. Season them with the seasonings and bake them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Halfway through, use a spatula to flip them over and then bake for another 10-15 minutes or until crispy!
New Air Fryer Instructions
- Heat your air fryer to 375
- Slice your sweet potatoes into thin slices (about ¼-1/3 inch thick) and place them in a bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with southwest seasonings. Toss until evenly coated.
- Arrange the fries into an even layer in your air fryer (you may need to do two or three batches depending on the size of your fryer), and bake for about 7 minutes. Flip and then return to air fryer for another 5-7 minutes until crispy. Continue until all the fries are done.
- Just before the the sweet potato fries are done - Mash the avocado and lime juice together.
- Season with cumin, garlic powder, and salt and then mix with the onion, tomato, and cilantro. Set aside, covered, in the fridge until fries are done baking!
Serving: 1gCalories: 237kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 2gFat: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!