Southwestern Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
I’ve been munching on this plant-based/vegan & gluten free salad all summer long. My family of carnivores loves it and they don’t even mind that it’s meatless! We ate it on tortilla chips, used it as taco filling, salad toppings, and it also tastes great alone.
Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
- 3 cup cooked tri-color quinoa
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed & drained
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed & drained
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
Agave Lime Dressing
- 4 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- salt and pepper
How To Make Quinoa and Black Bean Salad
- Prepare 1 cup of dried quinoa to make 3 cups of cooked quinoa (as instructed on packaging). Fluff the quinoa with a fork and let it cool, covered for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the quinoa, corn, black beans, red onion, scallions, tomatoes, and avocado.
- In a small separate bowl, whisk the avocado oil, honey or agave, and lime juice together. Drizzle it over the quinoa and veggies & toss. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy either warm or cool. This quinoa salad tastes great with tortilla chips, on its own, or as a taco filling.
Calories: 184kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 8gFat: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!