Vegan Copycat Starbucks Blueberry Muffins
There's nothing better than the smell of homemade blueberry muffins! These copycat Starbucks Blueberry Muffins are vegan, can be made gluten free, sugar-free, and are absolutely delicious! With under 200 calories per muffin, this is a lighter and healthier version of a bakery classic that the whole family will love!
Vegan Blueberry Muffin Ingredients
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened oat or almond milk
- ⅓ cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- ¾ cup organic cane sugar or ⅓-1/2 cup of purecane sugar substitute
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 ½ cup frozen wild blueberries
Recipe for Vegan Blueberry Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix the oat milk, melted vegan butter, purecane 1-1 sugar substitute (or regular cane sugar), baking powder, vanilla, and baking soda together. Then, add the regular or gluten-free all purpose flour and mix until a thick batter forms. Fold in the blueberries.
- Line about 12 muffin wells with paper liners. Spoon the batter into the muffin wells until they are about ⅔ full. See notes above for tips on how to get a fluffier muffin top. Option to sprinkle turbinado sugar on the tops before baking. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the muffins have completely risen and are golden on the tops.
- Enjoy warm, spread with vegan butter. These vegan blueberry muffins store well in an airtight container at room temperature. They will be about 145 calories each if using purecane or 192 calories each if using regular cane sugar. Compared to Starbucks, both options are a calorie steal!
Serving: 1gCalories: 145kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 3gFat: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!