You only need one bowl, ten simple ingredients, and about five minutes to mix up the batter for these moist and fluffy Vegan Strawberry Banana Muffins. This recipe uses no eggs or dairy, making it completely vegan! They can also be made gluten-free when using gluten-free flour in the muffin batter. Whip them up and let them bake for 25 minutes while you get ready for your day. Everyone in your family will love these golden strawberry banana muffins for breakfast or a snack.
This strawberry banana muffin recipe is vegan, gluten-free friendly, and made with reduced sugar! Check out the ingredients below to make these healthy strawberry banana muffins for the ones you love!
What You Need To Make Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Milk: To keep this strawberry banana muffin recipe vegan and dairy-free, we use unsweetened almond milk or oat milk. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular 1% milk, 2% milk, or whole milk.
- Banana: We recommend using an overripe banana in this recipe as it adds natural sweetness and moisture to the strawberry banana muffins.
- Butter: To keep this recipe vegan, we use melted vegan butter or coconut oil in our muffin batter. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular butter.
- Maple Syrup: We use a little maple syrup to sweeten our batter and give the strawberry muffins a yummy maple flavor.
- Stevia or Sugar: These delicious strawberry banana muffins can be made a little lighter by using stevia in the batter. Stevia is much sweeter than sugar so this recipe only calls for a few tablespoons of it. If you don't have stevia or want to use regular sugar, we recommend using about a third to half of a cup or organic cane sugar instead of stevia.
- Vanilla: Vanilla gives our muffins a delicious flavor!
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda: No eggs needed here! We use baking powder and baking soda to make our muffins rise and get super fluffy.
- Flour: We recommend using regular or gluten-free all purpose flour in these muffins. Our recommended gluten-free flour is King Arthur Measure for Measure.
- Strawberries: You may use fresh or frozen strawberry pieces in these muffins.
How To Make Strawberry Banana Muffins
Step 1: Preheat the oven. Line a muffin pan with 12 paper liners. Then, mash the overripe banana in a medium sized mixing bowl.
Step 2: Add the melted vegan butter, almond or oat milk, vanilla, maple syrup, sugar or stevia, baking powder, and baking soda to the bowl and mix. Then, add the flour and mix until a smooth muffin batter forms. Finally, fold in the strawberries.
Step 3: Spoon the batter into 12 lined muffin molds and bake for about 25 minutes or until the muffins are golden and fluffy. Serve warm on their own or spread with a little vegan butter.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend storing these at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-5 days. You can also freeze them and reheat in the microwave before serving.
What tastes good with strawberry banana muffins?
They're delicious on their own but also taste wonderful when served warm with a little vegan butter, drizzled with agave or maple syrup, or even with a little plant-based yogurt.
Yes! Try my recipe for The Best Vegan Blueberry Muffins here!
Strawberry Banana Muffins
- muffin tin
- mixing bowl
- paper muffin liners
- whisk or fork for mixing
- measuring spoons and cups
Strawberry Banana Muffin Ingredients
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- ⅓ cup melted vegan butter or coconut milk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 4 teaspoon pure powdered stevia or ⅓ to ½ cup of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen diced strawberries
How To Make Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375
- In a large bowl, mix together banana, almond milk, vanilla, maple syrup, butter, stevia/sugar, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix in flour until just combined. Don't over mix! Fold in the strawberries gently. Pour the batter into 12 lined muffin cups. I like to spray the liners with baking spray to make sure they don't stick!
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.