Vegan Gluten Free Apple Cider Donut Holes
Here in the south, we love apple cider donuts! These vegan apple cider donut holes are a cross between a dunkin donuts munchkin and a warm apple cider donut! Enjoy these fall time vegan donuts for dessert or breakfast. The batter is made with healthier ingredients like flax seed and applesauce. They're baked and not fried, making them a wholesome family-friendly treat. This recipe for vegan apple cider donut holes is so easy and your home will smell incredible!! Toss them in cinnamon sugar and serve warm! No one will guess they're dairy and egg free and everyone will be blown away at how good these are!
Vegan Apple Cider Donut Holes
- 2 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 4 tablespoon hot water
- 1 cup almond or oat milk
- ¾ cup cane or coconut sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Begin by preparing the flax seed meal mixture. Mix the flax seed meal and hot water together in a bowl and let this sit for 2 minutes until a gel forms.
- Next, prepare the vegan apple cider donut batter by mixing the flax seed meal mixture with the non dairy milk, sugar, applesauce, apple cider vinegar, melted vegan butter, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Then, all your regular or gluten free all purpose flour to the mixture and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the batter into 60 greased silicone donut hole molds (or 16 greased full-sized silicone donut molds or lined muffin wells). Fill the molds about ⅔ of the way full. For the apple cider donut holes, bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until they are golden and have risen completely. For full sized apple cider donuts or muffins, you may need to bake for up to 30 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, prepare the cinnamon sugar mixture. Allow your donuts to cool before tossing them in cinnamon sugar and serving warm.
Serving: 1gCalories: 37kcalCarbohydrates: 7gFat: 1g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply