This Easy Red Sangria Recipe is simple and delicious! Red Sangria a refreshing cocktail that will take you minutes to make and will impress everyone in your home!
Red Sangria Ingredients
- Red Wine: We recommend using a dry red wine that is Spanish or Portuguese origin.
- Brandy: Brandy is the liquor that gives us a bolder, sweeter, and fruiter flavor to our red sangria.
- Citrus: We used lime juice, orange juice, and orange slices in our red sangria to give it a citrusy flavor.
- Apples: We used a cored and diced honey crisp apple. Any red or green apple will work.
- Sparkling Water: Sparkling water isn't traditionally found in red sangria, but we found that it brightens up the drink and gives it a refreshing crisp taste.
- Sweetener: Feel free to sweeten to taste, using more or less sweetener as desired. We prefer agave or honey in our red sangria. Be sure to mix well.
How To Make Red Sangria
Mix all of the ingredients together in a large pitcher. Serve immediately over ice or store in the fridge overnight to help infuse the flavors more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Nope! You can make your sangria without sparkling water. It is just as delicious!
We recommend serving sangria over ice and in a wine glass. Feel free to garnish with fresh fruit such as strawberries, lime slices, or even give it a sugared rim.
No brandy? No problem! Feel free to use whiskey instead.
We recommend consuming the red sangria within 3-5 days of preparing. Be sure to store in the fridge.
Easy 5 Minute Red Sangria
- one large pitcher
5 Minute Red Sangria
- 1 750 ml bottle of Spanish or Portuguese Red Wine
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 ½ cups sparkling water
- ¼ cup orange juice
- juice from one lime
- 1 medium apple, cored and diced
- 1 cup peeled orange slices
- 4 tablespoon agave nectar
How To Make Red Sangria
- Pour the entire bottle of wine into a large pitcher. Add the brandy, orange juice, sparkling water, lime juice, apples, oranges, and agave. Stir until well combined and serve over ice or store in the fridge overnight to maximize the infusion of the flavors.
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.