Take your banana bread to the next level with this moist, tender, and delicious Peanut Butter Banana Bread! This is Peanut Butter Banana Bread Recipe and it's so easy to make! Impress everyone when you make this healthy and delicious banana bread recipe for breakfast, dessert, or a snack. Everyone will love it!
This recipe only needs one bowl, uses simple ingredients, and easy-to-follow instructions. It's a little healthier than your typical banana bread and it is also vegan and can be made gluten-free.
Peanut Butter Banana Bread Ingredients
- Bananas: To create the perfect peanut butter banana bread, we use three overripe bananas (think brown and spotty). This provides a natural sweetness and that classic banana bread flavor that everyone loves.
- Milk: To keep this recipe vegan, we use unsweetened almond milk or oat milk in the banana bread batter. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, regular milk will work.
- Sugar: You may use coconut sugar or light brown sugar in this recipe. If you do not have coconut sugar or brown sugar, regular organic cane sugar will also work.
- Butter: To keep this recipe vegan and make our peanut butter banana bread super moist, we use melted vegan butter. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, regular butter will also work.
- Baking Essentials: Baking powder, baking soda, and vanilla extract.
- Peanut Butter Powder: To add a delicious peanut butter flavor to this banana bread recipe, we use powdered peanut butter. It provides all of the peanut butter flavor without the added calories and fat that are in regular peanut butter. We like the brand, PBFit.
- Flour: We recommend using regular or gluten-free all purpose flour in this peanut butter banana bread recipe. Our favorite gluten-free flour is King Arthur Measure for Measure.
- Chocolate Chips: The chocolate chips are optional ... but they are so good in this recipe! We like the brand, Enjoy Life, for vegan chocolate chips.
How To Make Peanut Butter Banana Bread
Step 1: Preheat the oven and grease your loaf pan. In a large mixing bowl, mash the overripe bananas with a fork.
Step 2: Add the melted vegan butter, almond or oat milk, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, and baking soda to the bowl. Mix and then add the PBFit and the flour. Mix until a smooth batter forms. Option to fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 3: Transfer the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake in the oven until golden.
Step 4: Slice and serve warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend storing the peanut butter banana bread in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-5 days. We do not recommend refrigeration as it can dry out your banana bread.
I haven't tried this recipe with regular peanut butter yet - but I would imagine it would make your loaf a little more dense and crumbly. I'd recommend trying ½ a cup of regular peanut butter in place of the powdered peanut butter.
I recommend using my chocolate chip banana bread recipe here!
Peanut Butter Banana Bread
- Large Mixing Bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- 9x5 inch metal loaf pan
Peanut Butter Banana Bread Ingredients
- 3 overripe mashed bananas
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 ¼ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ½ cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ⅔ cup powdered peanut butter I used PBFit
- 1 cup regular or gluten-free all purpose flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips optional
Peanut Butter Banana Bread Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375. Spray a metal loaf pan with non stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a fork to mash the overripe bananas until they are an applesauce-like texture. Then, add the melted vegan butter, almond or oat milk, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well and then add the powdered peanut butter and the all purpose flour. Mix until smooth.
- Option to fold in the chocolate chips and then transfer the batter into the greased loaf pan. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until the banana bread is golden on the top and completely cooked through the center. Serve warm!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.