Imagine a golden and chewy chocolate chip cookie with hunks of salty peanuts baked inside. That's exactly what you'll get to enjoy when you make these delicious Vegan Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies! They're made in just 20 minutes with simple ingredients that are affordable and found anywhere. Everyone will love them and no one will guess they're vegan and gluten-free!
Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- Butter: To keep this recipe vegan, we recommend using vegan butter. If you are not vegan or dairy free, feel free to use regular milk in the peanut chocolate chip cookies.
- Flax Eggs: Since our cookies are vegan and free of animal products, we use flax eggs instead of regular eggs. They work as a binder and make the vegan peanut chocolate chip cookies super chewy and healthy. If you are not vegan, feel free to use 1 regular egg in your cookie dough.
- Sugar: We recommend using organic cane sugar in the peanut chocolate chip cookie dough.
- Baking Powder, Vanilla Extract, Salt: Baking powder, vanilla extract, and a tiny pinch of salt are essentials for any chocolate chip cookie.
- Milk: We recommend using plain unsweetened almond or oat milk in this recipe. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular milk.
- Cinnamon: We add a pinch of cinnamon to our cookies to give them a warm flavor.
- Flour: We recommend using regular or gluten-free all purpose flour in the chocolate chip cookies. Our favorite gluten-free all purpose flour is King Arthur Measure for Measure.
- Chocolate Chips: We recommend using vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips. Our favorite vegan chocolate chips are from Enjoy Life Foods.
- Peanuts: Any plain or salted and roasted peanuts will work in this recipe.
How To Make This Recipe
Step 1: Preheat the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make the flax eggs by mixing the warm water and flax seed meal together in a small bowl. Set aside until a thick gel forms.
Step 2: Make the vegan cookie dough by mixing the melted vegan butter, sugar, plant-based milk, vanilla, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and flax eggs together. Add the flour and mix until a thick cookie dough is formed. Fold in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
Step 3: Use your hands to roll the cookie dough balls (using about 2 tablespoon per cookie) and then place them into the lined cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden and the centers are still soft. Serve warm with a glass of oat milk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the vegan peanut chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-5 days.
Yes, click the image below for the best vegan chocolate chip cookies!
Absolutely! Substitute crushed almonds, walnuts, white chocolate chips, raisins, or anything else you like in your chocolate chip cookies!
20-Minute Vegan Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Vegan Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon flax seed meal + 4 tablespoon hot water or one regular egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond milk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- ⅓ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
Vegan Peanut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 425. Prepare the flax eggs by adding the flax seed meal to a small bowl and then adding the hot water. Let it sit for 2 minutes until a gel forms.
- Mix the melted vegan butter, flax eggs, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, almond milk, cinnamon, and salt. Then, add the flour and mix until a cookie dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips and peanuts.
- Use your hands to roll the cookie dough into about 20 balls and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Allow for about 1 ½ inches of room between each cookie. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the the oven. The cookies should be golden around the edges and on the bottoms.
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.