30 Minute Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
Icing drizzled over homemade super moist Lemon Poppyseed Muffins … They are the perfect breakfast, brunch, snack, or dessert! They’re fluffy, perfectly sweet and lemony! You just need 8-10 simple ingredients and I bet you already have everything you need! In 30 minutes you’ll have a batch of perfect lemon poppy seed muffins that everyone will love & no one will guess they are vegan & gluten free!
Easy Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ¼ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour
- ½ tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ½ tablespoon softened vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Vegan Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mix the lemon juice, almond milk, melted vegan butter, sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract together. Then, add the baking powder and baking soda and mix. Mix in the flour until a smooth silky batter forms and then fold in the poppy seeds.
- Prepare 16 muffin molds with paper liners and then spray the paper liners with a little non stick spray to keep them from sticking.
- Pour the batter into the lined and greased muffin molds and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the vegan lemon poppy seed muffins are baking, use a whisk to mix the powdered sugar, almond milk, lemon juice, and softened vegan butter together to make the lemon icing.
- Allow the muffins to cool before drizzling the icing over top.
Serving: 1gCalories: 122kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 2gFat: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!