Craving the cozy warmth of cinnamon rolls but looking for something a bit healthier? Dive into this vegan and gluten-free Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal! Packed with rich flavors and topped with a lush vegan cream cheese icing, it's the best of both worlds. And bonus - it's easy to whip up in just 45 minutes. Perfect for weekday breakfasts or a weekend brunch treat!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
Ever had those mornings when you're torn between wanting something super yummy and sticking to your health goals? Yep, we've been there! This Vegan Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal is your game-changer. It’s healthier, using maple syrup for sweetness and oats for a hearty start. Plus, with only a handful of simple ingredients, it's ridiculously easy to make.
Love prepping your meals ahead? This dish is totally meal prep-friendly. Make it, slice it, and have breakfast ready for the week. And for all our vegan and gluten-free pals, this one's got your back! Trust us, each bite is so delicious that you'll wonder where it’s been all your life. Get ready to level up your morning routine!
What You Need
Equipment You'll Need:
- Large Mixing Bowl: For the main oatmeal mix.
- Measuring essentials: Cups and spoons.
- Medium-sized Mixing Bowl: Perfect for the flax egg prep.
- A fork or whisk: To mix everything smoothly.
- Electric Hand-Mixer: Ideal for that creamy icing. A whisk can work too!
Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal Ingredients
- 1 ½ cup almond or oat milk: Creamy base for your oats.
- 2 flax eggs: Vegan's best friend - not vegan? No worries! Use 1 regular egg instead!
- ½ cup pure maple syrup: Sweetness, the natural way.
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter: For that rich taste.
- Spices & Flavors: 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder: For that lovely rise.
- 2 cups quick oats: The star ingredient - grab certified gluten-free oats if needed.
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- ¾ cup powdered sugar: For that sweet touch.
- 2 oz of vegan cream cheese
- 2 oz of softened vegan butter
Just a quick heads-up: if you're not following a vegan diet, no worries! You can easily swap in your regular milk, eggs, butter, and cream cheese for the vegan versions mentioned in this recipe. After all, it's all about making it work for you.
How To Make Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
- Preparation: Set that oven to a cozy 375°F.
- Flax Egg Magic: In your medium bowl, combine flaxseed meal with warm water. Give it a moment to thicken.
- Oatmeal Mix: In your large bowl, stir in the milk, maple syrup, vegan butter, all those lovely spices, baking powder, and your prepped flax eggs. Mix it well. Now, introduce the quick oats to the party. Stir until you get a smooth batter.
- Baking Time: Pour that batter into a 9x11 casserole dish. Bake for around 35 minutes. You're waiting for a golden hue and an irresistible aroma to fill your kitchen.
- Icing on the Oatmeal: Whip up that icing. Blend together the icing ingredients until creamy. Spread it over your cooled baked oatmeal and dig in!
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend storing this cinnamon roll baked oatmeal sealed and in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave before serving. You may want to add a small splash of oat or almond milk on top before microwaving to give it a more moist texture!
Oats are naturally gluten-free, but there's a catch. They are often processed in facilities that handle gluten-containing grains, such as wheat, rye, and barley. This can lead to cross-contamination, which means the oats might contain traces of gluten.
For people with celiac disease or gluten sensitivities, this cross-contamination can be problematic. If you or someone you're cooking for needs to ensure their oats are truly gluten-free, look for oats that are specifically labeled as "gluten-free." These oats are processed in a way that avoids cross-contamination, making them safe for those with gluten-related conditions.
Absoltutely! Try our Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal Muffin recipe by clicking here.
Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
- Large Mixing Bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- medium sized mixing bowl
- fork or whisk
- Electric Hand-Mixer optional for frosting or use whisk
Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
- 1 ½ cup almond or oat milk
- 2 flax eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup quick oats
Cream Cheese Icing
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 2 oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 oz softened vegan butter
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal
- Preheat the oven to 375. Prepare your flax egg by mixing 2 tablespoon of flaxseed meal with 4 tablespoon of warm water.
- In a large bowl, mix the almond or oat milk, maple syrup, vegan butter, cinnamon, vanilla, and baking powder. Add the flax egg and mix. Then, add the quick oats and mix until a batter forms.
- Pour the batter into a 9x11 casserole dish and bake for about 35 minutes until the oats are golden and your kitchen smells amazing!
- While the oats are baking, use an electric hand mixer to mix the icing ingredients together. Spread the icing over top of the oats once they've cooled and enjoy!