Easy Lemon Donuts
The flavors of moist lemon cake are baked into a delicious moist homemade vegan donut. The results are soft, tender, fluffy, and so yummy!
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 cup unsweetened oat or almond milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract - optional
- 2 ¼ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon softened vegan butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk to mix the melted vegan butter, almond or oat milk, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, and baking powder. Option to add lemon extract for a bolder lemon flavor. Then, mix in the lemon juice. Quickly add the flour and mix just until combined. Be careful not to over mix!
- Pour the batter into about 14-16 donut molds and bake for 25 minutes.
- While the donuts are baking, blend together the icing ingredients.
- Once donuts are done, remove them from the donut molds immediately and drizzle them with the icing. Top with lemon juice and enjoy! Store in a tightly sealed container for 1-2 days at room temperature.
Serving: 1gCalories: 136kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 2gTrans Fat: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
These were delicious! They came out very light and fluffy, not like a typical heavy cake donut but still satisfying. The only sub I made was for dairy butter and I added a bit of lemon zest to the batter.
Jillian Glenn says
Hi Heather! Thank you so much for trying my recipe! Your addition of lemon zest to the batter sounds amazing!