Golden on the outside, soft and fluffy in the center - these Healthy Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies are going to make everyone's mouths water! You only need one bowl and a handful of simple ingredients. Everyone is going to love them and no one will realize that they're actually good for you!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
These salted dark chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are as good as they are good for you! You only need one bowl and a handful of simple ingredients. These cookies bake up in 15-20 minutes. Your home will smell amazing and everyone will love them!
What You Need To Make Salted Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Butter: To keep these dark chocolate chip oatmeal cookies vegan, we use melted vegan butter in the cookie dough. If you are not vegan, you can use regular butter.
- Maple Syrup: Instead of using refined sugar, we use maple syrup to sweeten the salted dark chocolate chip oatmeal cookie dough. It gives the cookies a lovely warm flavor.
- Milk: Since these cookies are vegan, we use non-dairy milk such as plain and unsweetened almond or oat milk. If you are not vegan, regular milk will work.
- Baking Powder: Making powder helps the cookies rise and get fluffy. No eggs needed!
- Salt: No oatmeal or dark chocolate chip cookie is complete without sea salt! I use regular ground sea salt in the cookie dough and then larger sea salt finishing flakes on the tops of the cookies.
- Spices: We use cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla extract to give these dark chocolate chip cookies an extra layer of flavor.
- Oat Flour: Instead of regular refined white flour, we use gluten-free oat flour in this recipe.
- Oats: To make these cookies chunky and delicious, use gluten-free quick oats. Oats also make the cookies more filling!
- Dark Chocolate: I used Oobli vegan dark chocolate in these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. Oobli makes their chocolates from sweet proteins, making them a healthier alternative to regular dark chocolate! Thank you Oobli for sponsoring this recipe!
How To Make Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Step 1: Preheat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Mix the melted vegan butter, almond milk, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and sea salt together. Then, add the oat flour and oats and mix until a thick cookie dough forms.
Step 2: Use a knife to chop your Oobli Vegan Dark Chocolate.
Step 3: Add the dark chocolate to the bowl with the oatmeal cookie dough. Fold the chocolate into the cookie dough.
Step 4: Bake the cookies in the oven until golden. Sprinkle with sea salt while they are still warm. Enjoy warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! These Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies are chewy, moist, and delicious! No oats needed and they're still gluten-free friendly!
Healthy Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- wire rack for cooling
- parchment paper
- spoon for scooping cookie dough
Dark Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookies Ingredients
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup almond or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks
Salted Dark Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookie Instructions
- Begin by preheating the oven to 375.
- Mix the melted vegan butter, maple syrup, almond milk, vanilla, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together. Then, add the oat flour and quick oats and mix until a thick cookie dough forms. Fold in the chunks of dark chocolate.
- Use a spoon to scoop out about 2 tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Leave about 2 inches between each cookie. You may need to do this in two batches.
- Bake the dark chocolate chip oatmeal cookies in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden around the edges and soft in the center. Sprinkle sea salt flakes on top while they are still warm and then allow the cookies to cool on a wire rack before serving warm. They taste amazing with a cold glass of oat milk!