These easy Mixed Berry Cereal Bars are the perfect summertime breakfast or snack. They're made with a handful of ingredients including purecane sugar-free sugar substitute. We use almond butter or peanut butter to hold our cereal together and top with berries and a little icing! The result is a healthy, crisp, filling, and delicious bite-sized snack that the whole family will love!
Mixed Berry Cereal Bar Ingredients
- Cereal: Any regular plain cereal such as cheerios or chex will work here. If you're gluten-free, be sure to grab certified gluten-free cereal.
- Nut Butter: We went with almond butter. But, peanut butter or cashew butter will also work.
- Sweetener: This recipe is sponsored by our amazing sugar-free partners over at purecane. Use purecane to cut back on the sugar and calories of these bars. If you don't have purecane, feel free to use regular cane sugar or maple syrup.
- Berries: We used sliced strawberries and whole blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries to top our mixed berry cereal bars.
How to Make Mixed Berry Cereal Bars
Step 1: Warm your almond butter in the microwave until it drizzles easily. Pour it into a bowl with the cereal and add your sweetener of choice. Mix until evenly coated and then distribute the mixture into a parchment lined baking dish.
Step 2: Add the berries on top of the cereal and refrigerate the dish until firm.
Step 3: Cut the bars and drizzle with the homemade frosting. Enjoy!
Mixed Berry Cereal Bars
Mixed Berry Cereal Bars
- 4 cups regular or gluten-free cereal o's I used cheerios
- 4 tablespoon cane sugar or 2 tablespoon purecane sugar substitute
- 1 cup almond butter warmed in the microwave
- 2 cups fresh berries I used sliced strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar or purecane powdered sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon almond or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How To Make Mixed Berry Cereal Bars
- Begin by warming your almond butter in a microwave safe dish for 30-45 seconds or until it's easy to pour and runny. Combine the almond butter with the cereal in a medium mixing bowl. Add the sugar or purecane and mix until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Line your baking dish with parchment paper and then transfer the cereal into the baking dish. Press down with a spatula and then top the cereal with fresh berries. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until the cereal bars are firm.
- Remove the cereal bars from the refrigerator and carefully use a knife to slice them into bars.
- Option to drizzle your bars with frosting. To make the frosting, simply whisk the powdered sugar or purecane together with vanilla and almond milk. Drizzle the frosting over the bars and enjoy!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.