Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
These vegan carrot cake cupcakes are simple, fluffy, moist, and absolutely delicious! Serve them at your next gathering and impress your non vegan friends!
Vegan Carrot Cake Muffins
- 1 cup almond or oat milk
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 2 flax eggs
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 ¼ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese
Vegan Carrot Cake Cupcakes with Vegan Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, carrots, almond or oat milk, maple syrup, vinegar, vanilla, flax eggs, cinnamon, baking soda, and baking powder together. Then, mix in flour until just combined.
- Pour the batter into 12 lined cupcake molds (I suggest spraying the paper liners with non stick spray to keep the cupcakes from sticking) and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, use an electric hand mixer to mix together the powdered sugar, softened vegan butter, and vegan cream cheese. Ice the cupcakes once they've cooled and enjoy!
Serving: 1gCalories: 255kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 3gFat: 11g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!