Craving a slice of autumn indulgence? Dive into our Pumpkin Cheesecake that seamlessly blends rich pumpkin flavors with a creamy, dairy-free base. Not only is this treat bursting with fall-inspired delight, but it's also designed with dietary needs in mind, making it both vegan and gluten-free friendly. The best part? Its super easy preparation ensures a hassle-free baking experience, proving that gourmet taste doesn't require hours in the kitchen. Perfect for gatherings or a solo treat, this Pumpkin Cheesecake is the dessert hero your taste buds have been waiting for!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Ingredients
The Crust: Elevate your vegan pumpkin cheesecake with our Cinnamon Sugar Oatmeal Crust. Crafted from wholesome oats and kissed with a blend of warm cinnamon and sweet sugar, this crust offers a textured base with aromatic undertones. Its rustic charm and hearty crunch complement the velvety richness of pumpkin cheesecake, marrying earthy flavors with spiced sweetness. An irresistible fusion of health and indulgence, this crust transforms a classic dessert into an autumnal masterpiece.
What You Need:
- Moisture: Either regular or vegan melted butter. Melted coconut oil will also work as a substitute.
- Binding: Instead of using regular eggs, we use 2 tablespoon flax seed meal + 4 tablespoon warm water to create vegan flax eggs. If you are not vegan, feel free to use two regular eggs.
- Sweetness & Spice: Coconut sugar and cinnamon give a warm flavor to our delicious pumpkin cheesecake crust. Light brown sugar will also work in place of the coconut sugar.
- Texture: Quick oats and gluten-free oat flour help create the base for our pumpkin cheesecake.
- Balance: Salt brings out the natural sweetness.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Ingredients:
- Creamy Base: Raw cashews, boiled until tender, are a healthier way to make this pumpkin cheesecake super rich and creamy.
- Sweetness: Powdered sugar sweetens our pumpkin cheesecake mixture.
- Richness: Regular or vegan cream cheese for that classic pumpkin cheesecake flavor.
- Pumpkin Essence: Canned pumpkin puree - please don't confuse this with pumpkin pie filling.
- Creaminess: Regular or vegan heavy cream or coconut milk is used to thicken the cheesecake.
- Flavor Enhancers: Cinnamon and vanilla provide a warm flavor to the pumpkin cheesecake.
- Cashew Prep: In a pot, immerse cashews in water. Boil for around 20 minutes until they're tender. Drain and set aside.
- Flax Eggs: Mix flaxseed meal with warm water and let it sit for a couple of minutes. This combination will result in a gel-like consistency.
- Crust Formation: Blend melted vegan butter, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Incorporate the flax eggs. Gradually fold in oats and oat flour. Press this mixture into a 9-inch springform pan and bake at 425°F for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Cheesecake Mixture: In a blender, combine the softened cashews, powdered sugar, vegan cream cheese, creamer, pumpkin puree, cinnamon, and vanilla. Blend until you achieve a creamy consistency.
- Assembly: Pour the creamy filling over the cooled crust. Chill in the refrigerator for approximately 5 hours.
- Serving: Slice and serve your delightful Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake with its rich Cinnamon Sugar Oatmeal Crust!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can make this pumpkin cheesecake up to 2 days before serving. Store in the fridge in a sealed and airtight container.
Yes! We recommend freezing for up to 30 days and thawing in the fridge for 8-12 hours before serving.
Yes! Click here for my easy vegan pumpkin pie recipe!
Cinnamon Sugar Oatmeal Crust
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 4 tablespoon warm water
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cup quick oats
- ½ cup oat flour
- 3 cup boiled raw cashews
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz regular or vegan cream cheese
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup regular or vegan heavy cream or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add the cashews to a medium pot and cover them with water. Boil for about 20 minutes uncovered until the cashews are tender and soft. Strain and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425. Prepare 2 flax eggs by mixing the flaxseed meal and warm water together in a small bowl. Set aside for 2 minutes. The warm water and flax will form a gel.
- Prepare the pie crust by mixing the melted butter, coconut sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Then, add the flax eggs and mix. Finally, mix in the oatmeal and oat flour. Pack the crust into a 9 inch springform cake pan and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove, and set aside to cool.
- While the crust is baking, blend the boiled cashews, powdered sugar, vegan cream cheese, creamer, pumpkin puree, cinnamon and vanilla together until creamy. Pour the filling over the cooled crust and refrigerate the pie for about 5 hours. Enjoy!!