These Almond Flour Sugar Cookies are a delectable treat perfect for those looking for a gluten-free and dairy-free alternative. Crafted with wholesome ingredients like almond flour and coconut or cane sugar, these cookies are infused with the aromatic flavors of vanilla and cinnamon. The flaxseed meal serves as a wonderful vegan binder, giving these cookies a soft and chewy texture. Not only are they a healthier cookie alternative, but they also retain the delightful sweetness and warmth that a traditional sugar cookie provides. Every bite of these vegan sugar cookies promises a soft, crumbly texture complemented by the subtle nuttiness of the almond flour. They're simple to make and sure to be a hit with everyone!
Almond Flour Sugar Cookie Ingredients
- ¼ cup hot water (for flax eggs)
- 6 tablespoon flaxseed meal (for flax eggs)
- 6 tablespoon vegan butter, melted (or use regular butter if not vegan)
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk (or standard milk if not vegan)
- ¾ cup coconut sugar or cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fine almond flour
How To Make Flax Eggs
Flax eggs are an egg-free alternative. It's a common ingredient in vegan baking and works as a way to bing dough together, similar to regular eggs. Flax seeds are a nutrient dense food, providing omega-3s and fiber.
Here's How To Make Flax Eggs: Mix hot water with flaxseed meal in a bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes until a gel-like consistency forms. It's that easy!
How To Make Almond Flour Sugar Cookies
- Preparation: Begin by preheating the oven to 375°F. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Making Flax Eggs: Mix hot water with flaxseed meal in a bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes until a gel-like consistency forms.
- Mixing Wet Ingredients: In a large bowl, combine the flax gel, melted butter, your choice of milk, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Incorporate Almond Flour: Gradually fold in the almond flour, mixing until you achieve a thick cookie dough.
- Shaping & Baking: Use a tablespoon to portion the dough onto the baking sheet, ensuring a 2-inch gap between cookies. Bake for about 15 minutes or until they turn light golden and can be easily removed from the sheet. Serve and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Cool Completely: First and foremost, ensure that the cookies have cooled down to room temperature. This is crucial to prevent any condensation inside your storage container, which can lead to sogginess.
Airtight Container: Use an airtight container for storing the cookies. This helps keep them fresh by preventing air and moisture from entering.
Room Temperature: For short-term storage (3-5 days), almond flour sugar cookies can be stored at room temperature.
Refrigeration: Due to the almond flour and other natural ingredients, storing the cookies in the refrigerator can extend their freshness for up to 10 days. They might become slightly firmer when cold, so you can let them reach room temperature before serving for a softer texture.
Freezing: For long-term storage, almond flour sugar cookies freeze quite well. To freeze: Lay the cookies in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze until solid.
Transfer the frozen cookies to airtight bags or containers, separating layers with parchment or wax paper to prevent sticking. Store in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. When you're ready to eat them, remove from the freezer and let them thaw at room temperature.
Avoid Stacking: If the cookies are frosted or have a particularly soft or moist texture, avoid stacking them. Instead, store in single layers separated by parchment or wax paper.
Remember, almond flour sugar cookies have a slightly different texture and moisture content compared to regular flour cookies, so they might become stale or soggy faster if not stored properly. The steps above will help you enjoy them for as long as possible!
Absolutely! Try our Vegan Sugar Cookie Recipe Here! They are so delicious and just as easy to make as these almond flour sugar cookies.
We love the brand, Bob's Red Mill! They make super high quality almond flour. Here is a link to purchase the flour on Amazon. You can also likely find the almond flour in the baking aisle at your local grocery store.
Almond Flour Sugar Cookies
Almond Flour Sugar Cookies Ingredients
- ¼ cup hot water to make flax eggs
- 6 tablespoon flax seed meal to make flax eggs
- 6 tablespoon melted vegan butter regular butter will work if not vegan
- ¼ cup unsweetened oat or almond milk regular milk will work if not vegan
- ¾ cup coconut or cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cup almond flour
Almond Flour Sugar Cookies Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Prepare the flax seed meal mixture by mixing together the hot water and flax seed meal together. Set aside until a thick paste forms.
- Mix the flax seed meal mixture with the melted vegan butter, almond or oat milk, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt. Then, add the almond flour and mix until a thick cookie dough forms.
- Scoop one heaping tablespoon of cookie dough out and lay it onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Allow about 2 inches between the cookies. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cookies are lightly golden and lift easily off of the baking sheet.