Healthy Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
Cinnamon, Sugared, Spiced, and everything nice! These better-for-you pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies are unbelievably delicious and easy to make! They're vegan, gluten-free, and can be made without added sugar thanks to purecane sugar-free substitute!
Healthy Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookie Ingredients
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup purecane sugar substitute or organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup oat flour
Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar, coconut sugar, or purecane sugar substitute
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Healthy Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a fork or whisk to mix the pumpkin puree, melted vegan butter (or coconut oil), sugar or purecane, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spices. If you used coconut oil instead of vegan butter, add about ¼ teaspoon salt. Then, add the almond flour and oat flour and mix until a soft cooke dough forms.
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie onto the baking sheet and use your spoon or fingers to press and mold the cookies into cookie shapes (about 2 ½ inches in diameter and ⅓ inch thick). Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cookie are golden around the edges and lift easily off of the paper with a spatula.
- While the pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies bake, mix the sugar or purecane and cinnamon together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar over each cookie and then allow them to cool for about 2-3 minutes. Enjoy!
Serving: 1Calories: 136kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 2gFat: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!