Hey there, pumpkin pie lovers! Craving that fall flavor but don't want the guilt? We've got just the thing. Check out our Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Recipe. It's vegan, packed with protein, and won't have you worrying about the fat content. Super easy to whip up and, let's be real, it tastes amazing. Perfect for mornings, snack breaks, or when you just need a little dessert moment. Get the best of both worlds: flavor and health in one spoonful!
Why You'll Love This Recipe
- It's Vegan: Meaning, it's dairy-free! So you're skipping out on lactose and those added hormones and antibiotics that sometimes come with dairy products. It's kinder to animals, the planet, and your tummy.
- High Protein: Protein is the building block for our muscles and it also keeps us fuller for longer. So, not only are you nourishing your body, but you might just dodge that mid-morning snack attack.
- Low in Fat: Without compromising on taste, this yogurt manages to keep the fat content in check. Less fat means it's heart-healthy and perfect for those of us watching our overall calorie intake.
- Natural Sweetness: No artificial sugars here! The natural flavors of the maple syrup and sweetness from pumpkin mean you're avoiding overly processed and added sugars that can lead to energy crashes later in the day.
- Quick & Easy: Because, let's face it, who has the time for complicated breakfasts every day?
Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Ingredients
- Canned Pumpkin Puree (that perfect pumpkin flavor)
- Plain and Unsweetened Yogurt (go non-dairy for those sticking to a vegan or dairy-free diet, or opt for regular yogurt if you're not vegan or dairy-free)
- Maple Syrup (optional, but who doesn't love a hint of warm autumn sweetness?)
- Pumpkin Pie Spices (store-bought or homemade - see below)
- Vanilla Protein Powder (we love the brand NUFYX, it is USDA Certified Organic, uses clean ingredients, tastes delicious, and has digestive enzymes - use my code PBJILLY for 15% off)
- Granola (for that crunchy kick, we like to use lower sugar granola to keep things light)
For Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spices, simply mix together ½ teaspoon cinnamon + ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg + ⅛ teaspoon ginger + ⅛ teaspoon cloves.
Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Instructions
- Grab a bowl, and toss in your yogurt, pumpkin puree, those warm pumpkin pie spices, a touch of maple syrup (if using), and the protein powder.
- Give it a good mix. We're looking for smooth and creamy goodness here.
- Sprinkle the top with some granola. Because, texture, right?
- Dive in! Perfect with a side of morning sunshine and maybe a cup of coffee.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Feel free to meal-prep 1-2 days in advance. I'd wait to put the granola on top just before serving to ensure the granola stays nice and crunchy!
Feel free to drizzle a tablespoon of almond butter, two tablespoons of your favorite nuts, seeds, or dried fruit, or top with banana or apple slices.
Yes! Check out this list of healthy pumpkin breakfast recipes from my blog! They're all delicious, vegan, and can even be made gluten-free!
Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie
Pumpkin Pie Waffles
Iced Pumpkin Spiced Latte
Pumpkin Oatmeal Bars
Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Recipe
- small mixing bowl
- measuring spoons
Pumpkin Pie Yogurt Ingredients
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup plain and unsweetened non-dairy yogurt or regular yogurt
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spices
- 2 tablespoon vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoon your favorite reduced sugar store-bought granola
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Yogurt
- Begin by adding your non dairy yogurt, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spices, maple syrup (if using), and protein powder into a bowl. Mix until smooth and creamy. Top with your favorite granola and enjoy!