These pumpkin brownies are moist, thick, soft and tender.. Did I mention delicious? They're made with a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. You need one bowl and about 5 minutes to mix this easy recipe! When they bake, your kitchen will smell amazing and everyone in your home won't be able to wait until they can sink their teeth into one of these chocolatey pumpkin treats. They're vegan and gluten-free friendly but no one would ever know! Plus, each brownie is less than 170 calories per serving making them a healthier alternative to many other brownies!
Ingredients To Make Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
- Pumpkin Puree: I used canned pumpkin puree. You can usually find this year-round in the baking aisle at your grocery store.
- Unsweetened Almond or Oat Milk: Use any plant milk in place of the almond or oat milk. And, if you're not vegan, feel free to use regular milk in these pumpkin brownies.
- Melted Butter: You can melt your vegan butter in a microwave safe dish in your microwave for about 30 seconds. The vegan butter gives us a moist texture and a buttery taste. If you're not vegan, feel free to use regular butter in this recipe.
- Baking Powder: Helps these vegan brownies rise.
- Vanilla: For flavor.
- Salt: Balances the sweetness in baked goods.
- Sugar: I used organic cane sugar in these, but you can use any sugar you have on hand, including coconut sugar or table sugar.
- Cocoa Powder: The cocoa powder is what gives these pumpkin brownies their chocolatey look and taste.
- Flour: For this recipe, you can use either Regular or Gluten-Free All Purpose Flour
- Chocolate Chips: For this recipe, you may use vegan chocolate chips or regular chocolate chips if you are not vegan/dairy-free.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: You have the option to add pumpkin pie spice to these vegan pumpkin brownies to enhance the pumpkin flavors.
How To Make Pumpkin Pie Spice
If you will be using pumpkin pie spice in your pumpkin brownies, you can use either store-bought or homemade. To make homemade pumpkin pie spice, simply mix cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves together to make.
How To Make Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
How To Make Pumpkin Brownies
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350. Spray your baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
Step 2: Mix the pumpkin puree, non dairy milk, vegan butter, baking powder, vanilla, salt, sugar, and cocoa powder together. Add the pumpkin pie spices, if using. Whisk until smooth. Then, add the regular or gluten free all purpose flour and mix until a brownie batter is formed.
Step 3: Fold in the chocolate chips and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies have a shiny top and are completely cooked through. You may bake them for less time for a gooier brownie.
Step 4: Cut into 12 squares and enjoy warm with a side of oat milk!
Frequently Asked Questions:
The amount of moisture added to your brownie will determine how fudgy or cakey it becomes. In traditional brownie recipes, the more butter/less flour equals a denser more fudgy brownie. In this vegan pumpkin brownie recipe, the brownies are somewhere in the middle because we use pumpkin in place of some of the butter used in a traditional brownie.
Milk all the way! Use regular milk or plant-based milk in this recipe. It enhances the flavor!
No pumpkin? No worries! Use sweet potato puree in these vegan pumpkin brownies or you can also try using my classic vegan brownie recipe.
They can be! Make any of the brownie recipes you find here on my site by swapping the regular all-purpose flour out for gluten-free all purpose flour!
I recommend storing these vegan pumpkin brownies in an airtight container on the countertop for up to 2-3 day or you can freeze them to extend the shelf life. Remember that refrigerating some baked goods can often dry them out, so I would opt not to do this for this recipe.
Other Vegan Pumpkin Recipes
- Vegan Pumpkin Bars
- Best Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bread
- 15 Minute Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- One Bowl Vegan Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
The Best Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
- 9x11 or 8x8 Baking Dish
- mixing bowl
- Nonstick Baking Spray
Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoon unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 4 tablespoon melted regular or vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup regular organic cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 cup regular or gluten-free all purpose flour
- ½ cup regular or vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice optional
Pumpkin Pie Spices
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
Vegan Pumpkin Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray the baking dish with non-stick baking spray.
- Mix the pumpkin puree, non dairy milk, vegan butter, baking powder, vanilla, salt, sugar, and cocoa powder together. Add the pumpkin pie spices, if using. Whisk until smooth. Then, add the regular or gluten free all purpose flour and mix until a brownie batter is formed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the brownies have a shiny top and are completely cooked through. You may bake them for less time for a gooier brownie.
- Cut into 12 squares and enjoy warm with a side of oat milk!