Sweet Potato Baked Oatmeal with Vegan Cream Cheese Icing
This sweet potato baked oatmeal is one of my newest autumn addictions. And, it can be enjoyed all year long! This wholesome, warm, buttery, and lightly sweetened with maple syrup bake is absolutely mouth-watering. You only need 8 simple ingredients, 5 minutes to prep, and one bowl to make it. Option to add my delicious and easy vegan cream cheese frosting on top for an over-the-top delicious vegan breakfast or dessert. This recipe tastes so indulgent that you will forget it's healthy!
Sweet Potato Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ½ cup sweet potato puree
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cup quick oats
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Mix the almond milk, sweet potato puree, melted vegan butter, maple syrup, vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon together. Add the quick oats and mix until a batter forms. Transfer the batter into a greased casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes.
- While the oats are baking, use an electric hand mixer to mix the vegan cream cheese, vegan butter, and powdered sugar to make the vegan cream cheese frosting.
- Allow the sweet potato oats to cool before drizzling the icing over top. No icing? No problem, this is great served alone, drizzled with maple syrup, or paired with your favorite nut butter.
Serving: 1gCalories: 165kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 3gFat: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Hi. Looks delicious. How do you adjust the recipe using regular oats? No quick cooking oats on hand. Thanks
Hi Mo, you should be able to use regular oats in this recipe! You can also try pulverizing the regular oats that you have on hand to break them down into quick oat texture.