If you're craving Blueberry Cobbler but want something a little healthier, give this Mini Blueberry Crisp Recipe a try! This recipe is vegan friendly, naturally gluten-free, quick to make, and uses simple ingredients that I bet you already have on hand. These single serve treats taste just like blueberry cobbler but they are much better for you!
Mini Blueberry Crisp Ingredients
- Blueberries: We used frozen wild blueberries, but you may also use fresh.
- Butter: To keep this recipe vegan - we used melted vegan butter in the blueberry crisp topping. If you are not dairy-free or vegan, feel free to use regular butter. Coconut oil will also work, but you may want to add a pinch of salt to the crumble because coconut oil is naturally sweeter than butter.
- Sugar: To reduce the added sugar in our individual blueberry crumbles, we used purecane sugar substitute. If you don't have purecane, feel free to use regular sugar. Thank you to purecane for sponsoring this recipe!
- Oats: Oats are naturally gluten-free, but if you are gluten-intolerant, you might want to get a pack of Certified Gluten-Free Oats to ensure there was no cross contamination in the manufacturing process. We used old fashioned rolled oats in our blueberry crisps but quick oats will also work.
- Add Ins: Cinnamon, Vanilla, or Maple Syrup make a delicious addition to the oatmeal crumble that is used on top of the blueberry crisp.
How to Serve Individual Blueberry Crumble
These mini blueberry crumbles are delicious on their own - especially when they are warm! To kick them up a notch, we recommend serving your blueberry crisp with plant-based or regular dairy yogurt, oat milk ice cream (or regular ice cream), or even drizzling it with a little nut butter.
How to Make Mini Blueberry Crisp
Step 1: Preheat your oven. Grease 4 ramekins with non stick spray and then add about half a cup of fresh or frozen blueberries to each ramekin.
Step 2: In a separate bowl, mix the oats, purecane or sugar, and melted vegan butter together. If you are adding vanilla, cinnamon, and maple syrup - add those ingredients now and mix until an oatmeal crumble forms.
Step 3: Spoon the crumble over the top of the blueberries. Bake the ramekins in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the oats are golden and the blueberries are bubbling. Enjoy (carefully) warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find my ramekins on Amazon by clicking here.
Click here for my Blueberry Cobbler recipe.
These are best served fresh. But, we recommend storing leftovers covered and in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave before serving warm.
Click here for my famous 4-Ingredient Blueberry Crisp Recipe.
Mini Blueberry Crumble
- 4 small ramekins
- small mixing bowl
- oven for baking
Mini Blueberry Crumble Ingredients
- 2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1 cup regular old fashioned oats or quick oats
- 4 tablespoon sugar or 1 tablespoon of purecane sugar substitute
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt only needed if using coconut oil instead of butter
Mini Blueberry Crumble Recipe
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350. Grease 4 small ramekins with non stick baking spray.
- Add about half a cup of blueberries into each ramekin. In a separate mixing bowl, mix the oats, melted vegan butter, and sugar together. Add the maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon if using. Spoon the crumble over the top of the blueberries.
- Bake the ramekins in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the oatmeal crumble is golden and the blueberries are bubbling. Serve warm on it's own, drizzled with nut butter, or with a scoop on vegan yogurt or ice cream.
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.