This Easy Mixed Berry Baked Oatmeal Recipe is going to become one of your favorite healthy breakfasts (or desserts)! This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, and made in minutes. Everyone in your home will love it and no one will believe how simple it is to make!
Mixed Berry Baked Oatmeal Ingredients
- Oatmeal: For this mixed berry baked oatmeal recipe, we recommend using quick oats so make sure the oats get fluffy and crisp while baking. If you are gluten intolerant, be sure to purchase oats that are certified gluten-free.
- Milk: To keep this mixed berry baked oatmeal vegan, we use non-dairy milk such as almond milk or oat milk. If you are not dairy-free, feel free to use any regular milk.
- Butter: To add moisture and flavor to this delicious mixed berry baked oatmeal recipe, we use vegan butter that is melted in the microwave. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular melted butter.
- Maple Syrup: Maple syrup adds a natural sweetness to our mixed berry baked oatmeal. If you don't have maple syrup, feel free to use a little brown sugar, coconut sugar, or agave instead. If you are not vegan, honey is also great in this recipe.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract gives our baked oatmeal a lovely flavor.
- Baking Powder: Since this baked oatmeal is vegan and requires no eggs, we use baking powder to give our oats a little lift.
- Berries: Fresh or frozen berries such as: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries are delicious in this mixed berry baked oatmeal.
How To Make Mixed Berry Baked Oatmeal
Step 1: Begin by preheating the oven and greasing a 9x11 baking dish with non stick spray.
Step 2: Then, in a mixing bowl, mix the melted vegan butter, almond or oat milk, vanilla, maple syrup, and baking powder together. Once it's all mixed, add the oats and mix. Then, fold in the blueberries.
Step 3: Bake until golden and serve on its own or topped with homemade vegan frosting. Full frosting recipe is below.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend storing the leftover oats covered and in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave before serving warm.
Great question! We recommend adding 4 tablespoon of vegan vanilla protein powder to the oatmeal batter before baking. Alternatively, you can serve the baked oatmeal with nut butter on top. If you are not vegan, this baked oatmeal pairs well with scrambled eggs and if you are vegan, tofu scramble and avocado!
Easy Vegan Mixed Berry Baked Oatmeal
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup fresh or frozen wild blueberries
- 1 cup freshly diced strawberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon softened vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Preheat Oven to 350
- Mix together the almond milk, maple syrup, baking powder, vanilla, and butter.
- Add the oats and mix. Then, fold in the berries. Pour the batter into a 9x11 casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes. While baking, whisk together icing ingredients. Oats will be golden and berries will be bubbly.
- Drizzle with Icing for a Fourth of July theme!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.