Maple Glazed Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
These vegan cinnamon rolls are one of the great wonders of the world. They are easy to prepare and absolutely delicious! The dough is light, golden, and buttery. The filling is sweet with brown sugar and cinnamon. The batch is glazed with maple butter glaze and the result is a truly heavenly vegan cinnamon roll that the entire family will love!
Classic Vegan Cinnamon Roll Dough - Preferred
- 1 cup warm (not hot) almond milk
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon non dairy yogurt
- 2 ½ cups regular all purpose flour or 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
Quick No-Yeast Cinnamon Rolls - 30 Minute Version
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup regular or gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon non dairy yogurt
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Filling
- ⅓ cup softened vegan butter
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
Classic Cinnamon Roll Instructions - Preferred
- Prepare the dough by mixing the warm almond milk, melted vegan butter, maple syrup, and salt. Sprinkle the active dry yeast evenly across the top of the mixture, stir gently, and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix until a dough forms. If using gluten free flour, add 2 tablespoon of non dairy yogurt to the dough and use your hands to work it into the dough. This makes the gluten free dough more elastic so that it holds together better while rolling. If you are using regular all purpose flour, you don't need to add yogurt to your dough.
- Form the dough into a round mound and cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel. Allow it to sit for an hour. I like to sit my bowl on top of an oven preheated to 350. The warmth from the oven helps the dough rise faster. Note, if using gluten free all purpose flour, the dough will not rise as much.
- While waiting on the dough to rise, prepare the maple glaze by mixing the maple syrup, melted butter, and vanilla together. If you'd like a more traditional frosting style glaze, add the powdered sugar and whisk. Set the glaze aside.
- After the dough has risen for an hour, place it on a floured surface, roll the dough into a ¼ inch oval or rectangle (add more flour if the dough is too sticky to roll). Note, if using gluten-free flour, the dough will be slightly more dry. Spread the softened butter to cover the dough. Top with the brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Roll the dough into a log and cut it into about 10 pinwheels. Place the pinwheels into a round, square, or rectangle baking dish so that they are close but not touching. Cover them with a towel or loose plastic wrap and set aside for another 30 minutes. Note, if your rolls are gluten free, they won't be as voluminous as rolls with gluten in them, but they'll be every bit as delicious!
- After allowing the rolls to rise, bake them in the oven for 30-35 minutes until they are golden on top. While the rolls are baking, use a mixer or whisk to mix the maple glaze ingredients together. Allow the rolls to cool and pour the glaze over top. Enjoy!
Quick No-Yeast Cinnamon Rolls (30 Minutes)
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Mix ¾ cup almond milk, ½ cup melted vegan butter, and 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder together. Then, add the 2 cups of regular or gluten free all purpose flour together and mix until a thick dough forms. If using gluten free flour, use your hands to work 2 tablespoon of non dairy yogurt into the dough to help it hold together better while rolling.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and sprinkle the top with more flour. Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough into a ¼ inch thick slab. Spread with softened vegan butter, sprinkle with brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Carefully roll the dough into a log. Slice the log into 10-12 pinwheels and place them into a greased round dish. Bake the cinnamon rolls for about 20 minutes. Option to broil for 1-2 minutes at the end to give them more color.
- While the rolls are baking, use a mixer or whisk to mix the maple glaze ingredients together. Allow the rolls to cool and pour the glaze over top. Enjoy!
Serving: 1gCalories: 281kcalCarbohydrates: 35gProtein: 3gFat: 14g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!